Old Everton Pictures

I was there for the Sheffield Wed cup final and my Dad went to the World Cup final as well
My dad who went to every cup game round gave his rare 1996 FA Cup final ticket to my then 15 year old brother - he travelled down the night before top stay with our relations in London who had got the rare ticket for my late father - they were all split up in the ground - My brother was in the Sheffield Wednesday end.....Imagine standing there with them 2-0 down..... then having to not go over board when we came back with 3 goals... lol

A piece in the Everton programme in December 1978, about the youth team led by Kevin Ratcliffe. I wonder whether anyone [Kevin?] can shed any light on what happened to the boys who didn't make it to the first team?
ps nice to see the team beat Liverpool 2-0! - @Eggs anyone rare you know on there or @Dario Terracotta ?

Caption on this one is: “Dejection. Michael Foley waits on the deserted platform at Lime Street after missing the last train to Wembley” 1968 FA Cup Final Is Michael still out there ? - I would say Lucky barstwered lol

A piece in the Everton programme in December 1978, about the youth team led by Kevin Ratcliffe. I wonder whether anyone [Kevin?] can shed any light on what happened to the boys who didn't make it to the first team?
ps nice to see the team beat Liverpool 2-0! - @Eggs anyone rare you know on there or @Dario Terracotta ?
View attachment 81460

...a little bit after my youth team time, Joey, although remember the obvious ones such as Paul Lodge who I think somebody posted a picture of in the last week or so.

interesting the references to Liverpool Schoolboys. That was a pre-Academy era when even if you’d signed for a top flight club, playing for Liverpool Schoolboys took precedent for the U15 season.

Another great Irish Toffee for St. Patrick's Day (and an excellent butcher in later life): Tommy Eglington -
View attachment 81467

....I remember going to Listowel not too long ago. It was a trek from Dublin (or Cork) airport so the driver stopped at a little place called Newmarket. It was about 10am and we wanted a pint, so he sent us to the butchers. We walked through the shop, behind the counter and into a lovely little bar. Stayed for a few hours.

Only in Ireland. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tommy Eglington had a little boozer in the back of his butcher shop.

View attachment 81460
I know Phil Barton was highly rated in the Southport craven minor league,he was a couple of years ahead of me so I never played against him,but I know there were high expectations for him,alas unfulfilled,dont know what happened for him after Everton though unfortunately joey.