Old Everton Pictures

Sorry the first game away at Bolton Gabby and Bingham scored you are correct.I thought you were talking about the GV debut post where we got beat ...my mistake sorry
TBH as a 6 year old in my debut game of seeing the blues what ecaptured me was the away support blue balloons all over the pitch the fantastic away fans etc my late father loved seeing Gabby a great play and great servant to the club maybe sold in haste too......
Jimmy Gabriel was a great player for the Blues, nice fella off the pitch as well, easy to talk to and liked a bit of banter with the fans, especially when Sandy ( Brown) was present, glad to see he is doing well in America (?)

Jimmy Gabriel was a great player for the Blues, nice fella off the pitch as well, easy to talk to and liked a bit of banter with the fans, especially when Sandy ( Brown) was present, glad to see he is doing well in America (?)
Off Wiki -
James Gabriel (born 10 October 1940) is a Scottish former football midfielder, who earned two caps with the Scotland national football team. Chiefly associated with English club Everton, Gabriel played extensively in Scotland and England before ending his career with the Seattle Sounders of the North American Soccer League. He then became a coach in both England and the USA, where he lives today.

Dixie Dean of Everton
D1hkMI2WkAECFKi.jpg

The size of that ref no wonder he had trouble keeping up with play - he makes some of our refs today look super fit in which they are not......
Goodison Park. Everton 0 v Leeds United 1. Referee Ken Stokes who sent off all the Everton and Leeds players for 10 minutes after 40 minutes of brutal football during which one player was sent off and two carried off injured, 7th November 1964 -
D15iedJWkAA9Oe_.jpg