Old Everton Pictures

Final -
- Everton v Watford
John Bailey of Everton (right) clashes with George Reilly of Watford during the FA Cup Final between Everton and Watford at Wembley Stadium in London on 19th May 1984. Everton won 2-0
john-bailey-of-everton-clashes-with-george-reilly-of-watford-during-picture-id465949818

MAY 05: Manchester United player Mark Hughes In a tasty challenges Everton player Alan Harper as Remi Moses (c) looks on during a League Division One match between Everton and Manchester United at Goodison Park on May 5th, 1984 -
manchester-united-player-mark-hughes-challenges-everton-player-alan-picture-id458898522

The other reason I think it is 1954 is that by that time I was living in Leeds. I clearly remember the Nigerian team playing a Leeds & Districet amateur team. What stuck in my memory was that the Nigerian team played in bare feet. I even remember where the game was played, at Skelton Road ground which was the home of Leeds UYMI and subsequently East End Park WMC. Played there several times. In fact, if you go into the East End Park FC website and click on 'Ground' in the menu, if you scroll down, you will see a photo' of me scoring the winning goal in the West Riding County Cup final which was held at Skelton Road!
Didn't we once play a Brazilian side (Bangu?) in the early 60s who also didn't wear boots?

Didn't we once play a Brazilian side (Bangu?) in the early 60s who also didn't wear boots?
Yes we drew 2-2 with them in an evening floodlight match, but they definitely wore boots. The trainer was never off the pitch, every time an Everton player went near their goalkeeper he fell to the floor like he had been shot, the trainer had a
well known name, can't think of it at the moment.