Old Everton Pictures

s-l1600.jpg

The telephone number of the Hon. Secretary brought back memories. STOneycroft 6417. When you phoned, you dialled STO and then the number. My Dad had a phone for his work and our number was STAnley 1565. If you phoned anywhere outside Liverpool you had to go 'long distance' via the main switchboard operator. You then had to wait for your call. Those were the days!

The telephone number of the Hon. Secretary brought back memories. STOneycroft 6417. When you phoned, you dialled STO and then the number. My Dad had a phone for his work and our number was STAnley 1565. If you phoned anywhere outside Liverpool you had to go 'long distance' via the main switchboard operator. You then had to wait for your call. Those were the days!
Back in the day the operator would connect you to the local numbers too...GARston 1725 & AINtree 2442 our shop on County Rd
Edit; I can remember those numbers but not my current car rego, the only one I can remember is PKA 27F

Is that a goal from Joe Royle, the one that Ron Yeats claimed he headed into his own net?
Yes. Joe leapt like a salmon to beat yard dog Yates and big girl Clemence. Looks like big girl Emyln is just about to appeal for offside as per usual. The othe pic is Alan Whittle chipping Clemence for the other goal in a 2-0 win at the RS.