Old Everton Pictures

..I remember that. Mark Farrington never came through at Everton but Norwich actually signed him.
Did this final go to three games? I know Norwich won the trophy, Farrington scored in those games and you are correct
Norwich did sign him. After the the game, which Norwich won, Jimmy ( Buddy) Coyle gave one of the Norwich players a
good seeing to in the tunnel, the lad had been a bit of a bully during the game, Jimmy gave him his version of a " Kirkby
Kiss".

Everton in February 1980 v Crystal Palace - two woeful kits Lyons looks like he's in pain -

Jim-Cannon.jpg

View attachment 50436
Team from the FA youth cup final,aure there was a crowd of around 20,000 at Goodison to watch it
I remember that game. Cracking atmosphere. My sister was at school with Stuart Rimmer. I think he ended up at Southport. Ian Marshall and Ian Bishop both went on to have very good careers. Jeremy Goss was in that cracking Norwich team that Mike Walker managed

Now I went to 'this game'...well 'a game' under floodlights in 1954 and I wasnt born in 1949.
Ive seen this 1949 date quoted before and as @Joey66 knows captions and mistakes do tend to get carried on and repeated as gospel.
A trip into the newspaper archives, especially The Garston Weekly News might clear this up.
Unless there was a 2nd game. But I know I was there then and not 1949.
The Nigerian team did play in 1949, they were on a tour, first Nigerian team to do so, their first game was against Marine
in Crosby, they won 5-2 before 6,000 spectators, they played nine teams in all, another game was versus South Liverpool in a 2-2 draw.

Now I went to 'this game'...well 'a game' under floodlights in 1954 and I wasnt born in 1949.
Ive seen this 1949 date quoted before and as @Joey66 knows captions and mistakes do tend to get carried on and repeated as gospel.
A trip into the newspaper archives, especially The Garston Weekly News might clear this up.
The Nigerian team did play in 1949, they were on a tour, first Nigerian team to do so, their first game was against Marine
in Crosby, they won 5-2 before 6,000 spectators, they played nine teams in all, another game was versus South Liverpool in a 2-2 draw.

If it was under floodlights then it wasn't 1949. There were no floodlights in 1949.

If it was under floodlights then it wasn't 1949. There were no floodlights in 1949.

This is my whole point, I was there, 1954, under lights, Vs a Nigerian team who played in bare feet on a cold November(?) Night
With all due respect Camo, because its on the internet and you checked it on the internet, given I saw what I saw...yeah and I know about 'young memories' and earliest recollections etc being sometimes as trustworth as 'old peoples' memories...
Also given that we have another personal 'fact' from @Methuselah
I would think some sort of Scottish type verdict of 'NotProven' subject to review and appeal might apply.

The truth is out there, or so they say.
They also say
'The truth will set you free', 'The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth'
And that old stand by...'The plain and simple Truth'
But Ive found the truth is hardly ever plain and as we see here, never ever simple*

*for a given value of truth