Old Everton Pictures

I remember the arches it happend after a dart and coins were thrown behind both goals or we could have got fined more .....
I remember being in the park end v Man U even with the arches in place and in a dirty game with United's John Fitzpatrick { what an animal he was} coins and apple cores were hurled at him taking a corner to the right of the paddock side - he had kicked our holy trinity to hell tensions were high........ it was 0-0

..of course, it’s been discussed on here before. Thanks Joey.

A1543BB4-D72E-4872-AD22-AA346F2E0197.jpeg

This must have been one of the last finals where the losing side's supporters stayed in the ground for the lap of honour. It looks terrible now when you see photos of the victorious team against an empty background.
I remember Nicky Butt clapping our supporters on his walk around the ground after the game as well.

Swerved my wife's sisters wedding to watch this game, wasn't very popular at the " Do" in the night, was too happy to worry about it.

I always thought Alex Parker resembled Frankie Vaughn the Liverpool singer.
My late father rated him as the best slide tackler in the busness- now ottlawed as Guam tackle from behind- yet at School taught how to practice it as a defender .... getting old .... yes he did resemble Frankie a bit ;)

Did Dixie Dean play some part in this game, I think it was against South Liverpool at Holly Park : South Liverpool won 4-1
if I'm not mistaken.
Now I went to 'this game'...well 'a game' under floodlights in 1954 and I wasnt born in 1949.
Ive seen this 1949 date quoted before and as @Joey66 knows captions and mistakes do tend to get carried on and repeated as gospel.
A trip into the newspaper archives, especially The Garston Weekly News might clear this up.
Unless there was a 2nd game. But I know I was there then and not 1949.