Old Everton Pictures

An expensive flop?-
david-lawson-everton.jpg

Reading a book on this player an idol just before my time for the blues -we signed him ten years after we first signed him as a young ametuer player - legally in the UK he was ours .... we went to court as Celtic diverted him to them as he was at that time only a semi pro and a cobbler at work they won him backed by the Scottish FA - we signed him eventually the Everton way - Everton that - he was admired by all - Roy Vernon quote the best player he had played with a former Scotland world cup player- A young Labby learnt more off him in six weeks than anything - he was our captain we were in trouble when he came - size 4 boots a thunderous shot 18 goals in one season - the reports in the papers raved about him - he was destined to be a Goodison legend till the new manager the Catt -like bally sold him too soon - Labby knew it was an error -Collins was snapped up by Revie were leeds were 2nd from bottom of the old division 2 - two years later he had fetched them into division 1 football player of the year ... later to coach the successful Leeds title winning sides - The Everton way?.......
I would have loved to have seen him an idol for my late father and older brother - left in 1961/62 - its a great book about a phenomenal box to box midfielder!
This one is for @Eggs ;) who reckons Bernard could be like him?
View attachment 49761
Had loads of snide as well considering the size of him.