Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irritatingly though, they are making some impressive moves in the transfer market already and being linked with players who will improve them even more and distance them further from us

They did that last Summer and only finished 4 places above us ;)

Irritatingly though, they are making some impressive moves in the transfer market already and being linked with players who will improve them even more and distance them further from us
Our aim isn't to be better than them, it's to be better than everyone else. That's what wins you the league, everything else is just first placed loser and so on.
I believe the under current of feeling on here is that we don't have to put up with their incredible nauseating behaviour.
They are awful winners and abhorrent losers.

They really are a special bunch them. Flights to Liverpool were full of them on Saturday. Typical only time going to Liverpool just watch a game on the tv!

Serious / angry / disappointed face:
"We're still the best team in Europe"

This is the quotation that sums them up, despite having viewed 90 minutes of evidence to the contrary.

That and the fella who knew better than the manager who had got this one man team to the runners up final.

I know I shouldn't go there but I couldn't help myself. RAWK was hilarious over the weekend.

On another note though, strange that there doesn't seem to be a thread on there today making any reference to a certain 33rd anniversary.
Or maybe not so strange.

And they too sold their best player - but went on to improve their team.

If that video is an accurate straw poll of those who watched it at the death star, there is a ridiculously skewed proportion of tourists, bandwagonners, call them what you will. Horrible sense of entitlement and dissonance evident too.

Have to disagree, many folk I have spoken to question how innocent it was. Can you imagine if our centre back did that to Ronaldo what the out come would be.

Mind IMO they did not deserve to win never mind the above. Said in an earlier post no way did I want to descend into the gutter where they live.
No yellow and the normally rabid red BBC ...The whole emphasis of the final shifted as Salah slumped to the turf for a second time after realising he could not carry on with the shoulder injury sustained in the tangle with Ramos

Liverpool fans trash Liverpool centre and this is the Echo headline:

Massive clean-up after Champions League final shows Scousers know how to party

Interesting to see what they come with for todays Heysel anniversary!

No but I can see who they already have. I’m quoting facts. You tempermental little thing
Not at all.
I don't see why we have to downplay where we are completely.
This time last year we were looking at competing with Liverpool and one disaster of a season doesn't change everything.

Next year the level of expectation from Liverpool will be higher, teams will know better how to play against them and there will be no such pressure at Everton.

I just don't believe the gap is as wide as you seem to believe. How many goals will Salah score next season, I believe he will do well to get half as many as this season.
A new season , a new challenge.
City are the benchmark , not the team that finished fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.