Now that is what I CALL PUTTING UP A FIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of you lot. Attacking anyone who is showing any amount of positivity regarding the performance last night.

We sacked Koeman on Monday - Unsworth had limited time to work with the squad. One training session on Tuesday morning before they travelled to London. One.

He made some big decisions to drop some big names and to bring in players who had been frozen out by Koeman and a start for Beni who has never played for the first team.

What we got, in the limited time he had with the squad, was a shape to the squad - remember that? Shape? Yes, something that has been totally missing this season. Playing players in their correct positions, not playing square pegs in round holes just to shame the board for failing to get a striker.

We got a certain amount of team spirit - players working for eachother. Remember that? Team spirit? We haven't seen that for a while either. A team that was angry at the defeat, not trundling off the pitch not really giving a toss. We saw a positive improvement in the players and the way they played - in the limited time Unsworth and his staff had. What exactly is wrong with being happy with that improvement? We lost and went out of the cup - with the way the season has gone, did anyone expect anything different?

Anyone who is expecting a top manager to walk in through the door and immediately have us winning games week in week out is seriously deluded and needs to give their head a wobble. The squad have been playing....whatever kind of system Koeman had in his head - and I still can't fiigure out what his gameplan was. The mess he left behind of frustrated players, low on confidence and spirit will take time to reverse. This has set the "project" back at least a year.

No, we're not "happy clappers", we're not "celebrating mediocrity" - we're simply happy acknowledging players responding to a change in management and coaching staff. To see the players actually playing for the fans for a change, to see us showing a bit of fight. Nothing wrong with that.

Bravo ;)

Sadly, there is a tendency among some of our friends on here to always look for the cloud the silver lining is attached to.

The other day there was quite a bit of angst over the fact Moshiri himself did not fire Ronald, but instead did what most men at the top of corporate entities do.....delegated the task to an underling :blush:

Bravo ;)

Sadly, there is a tendency among some of our friends on here to always look for the cloud the silver lining is attached to.

The other day there was quite a bit of angst over the fact Moshiri himself did not fire Ronald, but instead did what most men at the top of corporate entities do.....delegated the task to an underling :blush:

Underlings who are now currently trying to mount a sentimental campaign of media carpet-bombing to convince us all that going out of the Cup is a positive.

Moshiri needs a full clear out.

Proud to go out like that.Never in a million years would we see that under Koeman. Give Koeman till CHRISTMAS.............don't make me laugh.

Were still playing like Koeman is in the dugout so far today!Moral defeats or moral victories are no good to us, the state were in right now.

Loved tonight.

The problem is that it often appears that dyed-in-the-wool-love-the-club-and-fans types can get something done short term as managers. But it only takes you so far, and then you need some tactical nouse and experience, plus the transfer market and the media when under pressure is a different world.

And then they get caught out.

And that's my worry.

Well **** me. "So far" wasn't even as far as I thought.

Actually attacking for a change, don't think I've seen us take the game to any top 6 side away in years

Despite the manager trying everything he could to prevent that by playing 8 defensive players and no striker, we still managed one or two attacks. Now that's impressive :coffee:

Hmmm. We were loads better but a defeat is a defeat for me anyway.

There’s promise there for sure though.

Yes we looked more solid at the back by fielding an ultra defensive team with no striker. But that is not a viable choice that will lead us to winning anything, ever. Will guarantee us a mid to bottom half prem finish consistently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.