Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win or down this.

Just thinking back to other relegation battles and looking at the strikers we had. In some cases like 98 we had a worse team but we always had a decent forward

Duncan and rideout
Duncan again
Campbell and jeffers
Ritchie.

I know all the fossils on here hate ferguson for not being Alex young but it's pretty obvious why we are going down.
I don't recollect being in this position when we had Young and Vernon as the main goalscorers. Maybe it was something to do with an owner who knew what he was doing?

anything other than a win and any bit of hope i had goes.

teams like forest are the teams we NEED to be beating if we want to stay up.
This is exactly it. A draw is not enough. No, it won't relegate us on Sunday, but how are we bridging the gap to Forest if we cannot rope them in now? In my view, we will drop if we do not finish above Forest. We need them to feel our dead hands around their necks dragging them into the quicksand. Then it's game on.

Anything less than a win and I will accept our fate. We won't be down officially or mathematically, but I am pretty sure that come the end of the season the points we didn't win on Sunday will likely be the difference between staying up and going down. This is a bellwether match for our hopes. And, let's be honest: if we can't beat Nottingham Forest when the stakes are as high as they are, we deserve demotion.

so the tale of the tape is as follows: -

Bournemouth are away to Arsenal - expected loss
Leeds are away to Chelsea - likely loss - Chelsea manager Potter is under a huge amount of pressure to win this game
Wolves are at home to Spurs - likely loss - If Harry Kane shows up can't see anything other than a Spurs win
Southampton at home to Leicester - unsure - both sides are very inconsistent but I would back Leicester to get a result rather than Southampton to win
West Ham away to Brighton - draw at best - Brighton are one of the top sides this year and can't see them losing at home to West Ham

If we beat Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth, Leeds, Wolves and West Ham lose and southampton v leicester ends in a draw then the table will look like this:

Leicester - 25
Forest - 25
Everton 24 - if we win and wolves lose it is likely we will probably go above wolves on goal difference
Wolves - 24
West Ham - 23
Leeds - 22
Bournemouth - 21
Southampton - 19

we then play Brentford at home afterwards which is a huge game and good chance to get back to back wins and see us go a few points clear of the relegation zone as Bournemouth play Liverpool, Leeds play Brighton, Leicester play Chelsea, Spurs play Forest, Man Utd play Southampton, West Ham play Villa and Wolves play Newcastle.

huge 2 games coming up which could determine this relegation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.