Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0, Lingard with both followed by a flagrant handshake routine that would put Dele Alli to shame.
Chuckled at the use of 'flagrant' here haha

Forest have bought so many players that I haven't even got a clue what their side is or whether or not they are any good. They seem to have a good home record so that, mixed with how pants we are on the road, doesn't bode well.

I actually see this as a complete must win now. I expect forest to drop like a stone. They still have to play, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle.

We have to turn up. We have to score and try and get more than a single goal. Everyone needs to be focused. I said our season started against Villa. So far it’s 0 points from 6. We have to get three points.

Desperate times cause for desperate measures, and my match threads have the highest win rate of any match previewer.

Win Everton.

Or, just don't lose.

Is it a must win?

I think not.

Maybe that's me trying to downplay inevitable disappointment but Forest don't lose many at home - winning 3 and drawing 2 of their last 5. This season Forest have averaged 1.58 points per game at home compared to Everton's 1.08 points per game at Goodison.

I'm of the view that any away point is a good one, especially for an Everton team who have only won once away from home (vs bottom of the league) all season.

1 point here, followed by a win vs Brentford at Goodison would be massive and have us right in the fight for survival.

The mrs is a Forest fan. Divorce is on the line.

Just don't lose Everton.
If this is not a must-win, when will we get to that point?

If this is not a must-win, when will we get to that point?

13 games to go, from 39 points up for grabs we have to get 15 points.

5 wins, then.

Big ask - it feels must win but for me, it's a must not lose.

Trying to be pragmatic about it, perhaps because I don't think we'll win so I'm just hoping we don't lose it. Have you seen our away form the past few years? Shouting "must win" just feels like setting ourselves up for an inevitable kick in the balls.

Draw this, and beat Brentford at Goodison and we're out the bottom 3 IMO unless Chelsea's players down tools vs Leeds to get Potter out.

Put it this way, if at 80 minute it's 0-0, I don't think we should be going all out to get a win.

It's going to the wire and we've got to stay in the fight.

Their home form combined with our away form makes a victory look incredibly unlikely. I believe they've got major problems at centre back, but unlike West Ham who have Danny Ings to exploit a knackered backline we have got absolutely nobody.

We have to drag Forest in to this because I believe Leicester, West Ham and Wolves have got far too many good players to still be in this mess at the end of the season. If we can at least make this a three-way shoot out between us, Leeds and Forest we at least give ourselves a little more margin for error.

4 points needed from the next two, although it will be much more preferable if we get three at Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.