No European tour next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very flaw when you left out gate earning when playing Europa games at home.
Each home game makes us half a million richer. No?

I did mention our revenue streams at Goodison. 2008 figures - Turnover for the year totalled £75.7m. This included an increase in gate receipts of £3.4m to £20.5m, primarily as a result of participation to the latter rounds of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup, there being no UEFA Cup revenue in the prior year. In terms of Premier League matches, average
attendances increased marginally to 36,904 (2007: 36,739).

Compare that to the Champions League Prize money (not including TV income remember!) from Wiki - UEFA awards €3 million to each team that qualifies for the UEFA Champions League, plus €2.4 million for participating in the Group stage. A Group stage win is worth €600,000 and a draw is worth €300,000.

In addition, UEFA pays each quarter finalist €2.5 million, €3 million for each semi-finalist, €4 million for the runners-up and €7 million for the winners.

I understand where folk are coming from that in our financial situation every small addition to our overall income must be seen as important but we have not chosen to ditch the Europa in the way that Spurs and Villa do. We'll have some income from this season to help counter balance our lower league placing and what is likely to be less televised games in the Prem. We still won't be spending much unless we've sold so to link Europa directly to signings is a bit of a stretch no?

This is also why I highlighted the settled squad factor, I'm not thinking we are going to be shopping far and wide anyway. A couple of million on someone like Adam Johnson if we're lucky this summer. Unless we sell a big player. We are getting known across Europe again, even if this year as "that side with the albino midget centre back" (Love you Tony), so attracting players in that scenario shouldn't be any more difficult or easy really.

Chico - I want Europe every year too. I think we all do. I'm also proud we play to win every competition we participate in, while others spectulate on the greater financial rewards a top 4 place brings. We arn't likely to have to make that choice next season but I'm saying look at the positives, there are many. Next year could be very, very good.

I did mention our revenue streams at Goodison. 2008 figures - Turnover for the year totalled £75.7m. This included an increase in gate receipts of £3.4m to £20.5m, primarily as a result of participation to the latter rounds of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup, there being no UEFA Cup revenue in the prior year. In terms of Premier League matches, average
attendances increased marginally to 36,904 (2007: 36,739).

Compare that to the Champions League Prize money (not including TV income remember!) from Wiki - UEFA awards €3 million to each team that qualifies for the UEFA Champions League, plus €2.4 million for participating in the Group stage. A Group stage win is worth €600,000 and a draw is worth €300,000.

In addition, UEFA pays each quarter finalist €2.5 million, €3 million for each semi-finalist, €4 million for the runners-up and €7 million for the winners.

I understand where folk are coming from that in our financial situation every small addition to our overall income must be seen as important but we have not chosen to ditch the Europa in the way that Spurs and Villa do. We'll have some income from this season to help counter balance our lower league placing and what is likely to be less televised games in the Prem. We still won't be spending much unless we've sold so to link Europa directly to signings is a bit of a stretch no?

This is also why I highlighted the settled squad factor, I'm not thinking we are going to be shopping far and wide anyway. A couple of million on someone like Adam Johnson if we're lucky this summer. Unless we sell a big player. We are getting known across Europe again, even if this year as "that side with the albino midget centre back" (Love you Tony), so attracting players in that scenario shouldn't be any more difficult or easy really.

Chico - I want Europe every year too. I think we all do. I'm also proud we play to win every competition we participate in, while others spectulate on the greater financial rewards a top 4 place brings. We arn't likely to have to make that choice next season but I'm saying look at the positives, there are many. Next year could be very, very good.

Great points mate, if we can go on a run In the Europa, FA CUP and get close to the top six - which is challenging but not impossible we could still coin it in next season, i was surprised during the week how much the FA CUP run added to our finances last year.

Apparently each year we budget for the top 10 as a minimum - this has to be our first goal with anything else a bonus. A couple of points of note this year - according to the rags this morning we could look at selling bellfeild again this year, while we will also not be getting any money from UTD as part of the Rooney deal this year - for the first time.

For me when all is said and done - we will stillstruggle to do anything amazing in terms of finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.