2017/18 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I suspect Allardyce feels hasn’t had the luxury of giving players a run in the side given we were bottom 3 when he was appointed. Let’s not forget the perilous position we were in. He might’ve been picking sides geared to scrapping and picking up much needed points.
Let's not forget it, but let's not embellish it either. When he was appointed we were 5 points clear of the relegation zone. I know he likes to trick people into thinking we were 20 points adrift, but let's not fall into his trap eh.

Let's not forget it, but let's not embellish it either. When he was appointed we were 5 points clear of the relegation zone. I know he likes to trick people into thinking we were 20 points adrift, but let's not fall into his trap eh.

..I suppose the West Ham game is a point of contention but i’m firmly in the camp that Allardyce’s appointment was the catalyst for the turnaround in form from the Southampton match a few days earlier.

I’m not particularly supporting him for not playing Vlasic, i’m just pointing out that it might have been his approach to play the tried and tested. Regardless, the points he did accumulate by Christmas was a fine achievement.

I think Vlasic was one of the only positives in the early part of the season. Lookman has moments of brilliance and has provided evidence of it in recent months - Anfield away, his debut goal for Leipzig. That's more than the experienced players like Bolasie and Mirallas have done recently yet they have been given far more chances than the other 2.
Bolasie been out for a year, he's not up to speed yet and Mirallas isn't with us anymore.

Lookman has provided, very little. Moments of Brilliance is pushing it imo.

Vlasic being a positive kinda shows how poor we were also

Pretty much sum it up in that mate. Far too many (new) players deemed not good enough for the team that has got beaten by 4 or more goals over 10 times this season.

That's what winds me up so much about it if I give it a seconds thought. Klassen vlasic sandro tosun all deemed not a better alternative in a team that has performed the worst I have seen since the 90s, 2004 aside. Lookman not given much of a chance over a returning bolasie for example but German team Leipzig happy to play and even start him over there.

And as I have said before isn't it funny the only players who aren't good enough out of every single one signed since the summer are the ones who came from outside the league?

He has started one game where they were playing a weakened side due to upcoming European games.

Also Liepzig are better than us generally on the pitch so whatever flaws Lookman has can be covered better with better players around him.

I still don't understand what he has done wrong and what he has to do.
Looked passionate, fit, strong and smart when he played. Obviously he's not going to play every minute well when he's in and out with no confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.