2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess a lot of things that happened under Koeman will be tainted in a way. I'd hoped he was going to work out because I liked the youth direction we were taking but I also think Brands is sharper than that, and he may just know a thing or two more about football than me....I know, big call, but I think I might be right there.

The lad can play... just like Lookman, Mirrallas, Deulefeu are all skilful players on their day. I liked them all. But there is clearly something about their inconsistency or preparation or something in training which makes coaches and DoF look for something better..... Bernard for example or, in another position Digne who just seem to have that bit extra to their game. A team that got the best footy from the players I mentioned consistently might be brilliant. But it would hardly ever happen. I like Vlasic the player on the few times I have seen him but he has never settled and probably never will so shake hands and trade. If Brands gets another Digne, Bernard, Gomes, Zouma quality player in it is for the best.

Give him a run of games before getting rid. I believe it will be a big mistake if we don't.

Based on the little flashes we've seen from him, and his overall attitude, we can't afford to 'give him a run of games'. He's hardly a team player and never gets in over Richarlison and Bernard or even an out of touch Walcott,and another winger may come in. Every game is important..we can't be reducing our chance by giving Lookman a run of games regardless of his contribution.

My only issue is that to me, he was first choice backup to siggy for the upcoming season. Now who is? Don't think Dowell will be trusted as such, and the only other options are wingers and I don't see us buying anyone.

But on the flip side, he wants to play footy and we didn't see the need to keep him as that last season either. He'd have made my 25, but not down we sold him tbh as he just seemed like a squad filler at best.

The difference between Bernard and some of the wide men we’ve had in the past is unbelievable and that’s purely down to hard work. The likes of Del, Mirallas, Vlasic even Lookman all had talent but seemingly not application. The last winger i remember working as hard as Bernard was Lennon.

My only issue is that to me, he was first choice backup to siggy for the upcoming season. Now who is? Don't think Dowell will be trusted as such, and the only other options are wingers and I don't see us buying anyone.

But on the flip side, he wants to play footy and we didn't see the need to keep him as that last season either. He'd have made my 25, but not down we sold him tbh as he just seemed like a squad filler at best.

Bernard can play as a number 10, as can Lookman (although it seems doubtful he will stay). There's Dowell (but I can't see him either being trusted or being at the right level). I think the most likely scenario if Sigurdsson isn't available is that we'd change shape to a more conventional 433

Bernard can play as a number 10, as can Lookman (although it seems doubtful he will stay). There's Dowell (but I can't see him either being trusted or being at the right level). I think the most likely scenario if Sigurdsson isn't available is that we'd change shape to a more conventional 433

Yeah, same here, I think both would be good in that role, but they are wingers first. If siggurdsson gets injured, like you say, we'd have to change system etc which is hardly ideal.

.... Not that we'd have relied on Vlasic anyway, but it would have helped having a similar type coming in

Can Joe Williams play in an advanced role? From what I've read he seems to play deeper, but apparently he has potential to be an all-round midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.