2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, very mature comment :) Go with the prejudices and platitudes when you really got nothing to say. I bet he signed for them cause they gave him Lada. Nothin' like a soviet car...

First of all, to introduce myself, although no one cares i guess. I'm a Hajduk Split fan who never really got over selling Vlašić to you guys, he was a too important player for us at the time. That move costed us in a bad way, no one filled the void for a long time, we were wandering offensively with no creative or aggressive players like him. After the transfer I kinda started following Everton a bit, hoping to see if the kid managed to make a nice shift to upper class of football and more competitive league... At the start while Koeman led the team, he got some chances now and then but the team generally look terrible, even much more expensive players didn't show anything and should have been more criticized, the result suffered and Koeman "flew" ... Then Unsworth ignored him after... The kid hoped for the minutes to complete the adjustment and stabilize his status, instead what did he get? You had a few more expensive players at his position and you were not patient with the kid, the truth is he never really got the chance. I understand you all speak protectively about the club and defend it's interests, but in my opinion (and I'm trying to be objective here although I like Vlašić as a player) you guys got rid of him too easy. He's already "worth" 20 mil. by the transfermarkt, he made a great move going to CSKA, he leveled up his game and got recognized as a player. One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...

This isn't Croatia. If we bring you in and you do the business then you will start, otherwise we will play the players who are playing better than you and you will have to train hard to get your place back.

Vlasic gave up and wanted out at the first opportunity.

One day he might be good enough for Everton but he didn't take his chance and didn't want to wait for another opportunity.

We would have liked to give him the chance to stay and make it here but he chose to leave. We didn't push him out.

Everton and Hajduk are my teams, so I've been interested in this from the get go. It's a shame he didn't crack on here more, I think he's really got a future in front of him. Regarding Split, the only thing to complain about are the english tourists (*runs for cover*). Great city, great fan atmosphere. Hope Hajduk can return to relevance one day.

wow, very mature comment :) Go with the prejudices and platitudes when you really got nothing to say. I bet he signed for them cause they gave him Lada. Nothin' like a soviet car...

First of all, to introduce myself, although no one cares i guess. I'm a Hajduk Split fan who never really got over selling Vlašić to you guys, he was a too important player for us at the time. That move costed us in a bad way, no one filled the void for a long time, we were wandering offensively with no creative or aggressive players like him. After the transfer I kinda started following Everton a bit, hoping to see if the kid managed to make a nice shift to upper class of football and more competitive league... At the start while Koeman led the team, he got some chances now and then but the team generally look terrible, even much more expensive players didn't show anything and should have been more criticized, the result suffered and Koeman "flew" ... Then Unsworth ignored him after... The kid hoped for the minutes to complete the adjustment and stabilize his status, instead what did he get? You had a few more expensive players at his position and you were not patient with the kid, the truth is he never really got the chance. I understand you all speak protectively about the club and defend it's interests, but in my opinion (and I'm trying to be objective here although I like Vlašić as a player) you guys got rid of him too easy. He's already "worth" 20 mil. by the transfermarkt, he made a great move going to CSKA, he leveled up his game and got recognized as a player. One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...
The lad will do welll. I agree he was never really given a chance here, yet we do persevere with players of the right attitude. I suspect there was something wrong with his drive to succeed and confidence after arriving at a struggling toam under pressure. Perhaps promoted too quickly as a youth?

Sometimes a change just doesn't suit a player, he came here at the wrong time, didn't fit straightvaway and wanted out (his personal solution) rather than trying to persevere. Cska was a change he needed and it seems to have worked. Good luck to him. I would have liked for him to have tried harder here to fit in and be a success, but at the end of the day, everton fans demand total drive and effort - which i dont think was within his mentality at the time.

Hope we have a sell on clause. I reckon he'll be worth a lot with his next move.

All set for a nothing career in a no mark league. Tried to play in the toughest league in the world but was found out.

You aren't the only one that feels this way, but hey, he doesn't want to be at Everton. It's a low fee, but my guess is that the sell on clause could be lucrative. The problem is with the potential fee. Golovin had a significant fee, yet he wasn't as productive as Vlasic was this year. So why don't other want to pay more for him? Because there's no way Brands didn't shop him around a bit. You have to ask yourself that question.

So while you are correct, he MIGHT be worth a ton more than what we sold him for, he wouldn't stay regardless and we could still benefit from a massive fee later if he ever realizes it.

Im glad he went, cut from the same cloth as a Lukaku and Pogba. Needs a lesson in class from a Baines or klaassen type player

Like to have seen him being given a chance as looks to have quality, however he seems happy getting regular football, we are happy to let him go at a profit with a sell on clause should he make a big move and so I hope he has a good career.

This is exactly what Walsh was brought in to do. Buy cheap(er) and make some money when it comes to selling time. It may not be as much as we wanted but you have to play them to start getting tens of millions profit.

Hopefully he has made us a couple of million for not much. Every little helps offset Klaassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.