2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not entirely true

Had he been up for being used in rotation he would have done well IMO

He wasn't going to be Starting XI but there would have been a place for him

He decided to bet on himself and get regular minutes elsewhere instead, which is fair enough

Exactly. Silva was never going to guarantee him a starting place, he was never going to accept rotation so he was unlikely to be of value for us going forward. If he has a few years at CSKA then joins a top team we can’t say we’ve missed out because quite frankly our team just isn’t in the position to give him that platform.

Exactly. Silva was never going to guarantee him a starting place, he was never going to accept rotation so he was unlikely to be of value for us going forward. If he has a few years at CSKA then joins a top team we can’t say we’ve missed out because quite frankly our team just isn’t in the position to give him that platform.
Too much sense for my liking that.

I think we could have gotten a better price, but so be it.

We were lucky getting that from CSKA as they havent got much money. Its a shame for us that he done well there and not in Spain, Italy etc where maybe we could have got a higher price or he wpuld have generated more interest.

Plus im assuming a decent sell on so it may take the fee higher of he moves on for decent money in the future.

I'd also imagine we have a 15-20% sell on fee given it's been mentioned, quite possibly more. If he does well and is sold for say 30 million you are looking at another 5/6 million on top nudging it to around the £20 million mark, which is about right.

If he’d been sold by the RS it would have been for £65M.......

What I notice with them, is they include all add ons etc in the sale price and they pay agents a huge amount of money. I suspect we have a sell on fee of around 20% (maybe more) if it's Liverpool they probably include that in the price and state it's with a sell on. They may also get £25 million but end up having to pay an agents 20% so £5 million for doing it. So a deal that sounds about the same can actually seem a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.