2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not over...i was comparing to the player they sold last summer (Golovin) to Monaco. Vlasic had a better season and is younger. Golovin went for €25mil.

It appears that Vlasic has done a Gomes and said he only wants to join CSKA.

Bought €10.8 mil
Sold €15.7 mil + sell on + loan fee

Steve Walsh works his magic again.

One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...

Your opinion is shared by a lot of Everton fans, myself included. He is not the only one. Lookman kept getting criticised by fans and not played when more expensive name players got on the pitch every week delivering nothing. I'm very disappointed to see the back of Vlasic. I wish him the best and hope that one day we make a lot of money from his sell on clause.

wow, very mature comment :) Go with the prejudices and platitudes when you really got nothing to say. I bet he signed for them cause they gave him Lada. Nothin' like a soviet car...

First of all, to introduce myself, although no one cares i guess. I'm a Hajduk Split fan who never really got over selling Vlašić to you guys, he was a too important player for us at the time. That move costed us in a bad way, no one filled the void for a long time, we were wandering offensively with no creative or aggressive players like him. After the transfer I kinda started following Everton a bit, hoping to see if the kid managed to make a nice shift to upper class of football and more competitive league... At the start while Koeman led the team, he got some chances now and then but the team generally look terrible, even much more expensive players didn't show anything and should have been more criticized, the result suffered and Koeman "flew" ... Then Unsworth ignored him after... The kid hoped for the minutes to complete the adjustment and stabilize his status, instead what did he get? You had a few more expensive players at his position and you were not patient with the kid, the truth is he never really got the chance. I understand you all speak protectively about the club and defend it's interests, but in my opinion (and I'm trying to be objective here although I like Vlašić as a player) you guys got rid of him too easy. He's already "worth" 20 mil. by the transfermarkt, he made a great move going to CSKA, he leveled up his game and got recognized as a player. One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...
I was just being a tool mate, nothing serious. Tbh i'm quite surprised he's not being kept, his numbers in Russia and the CL were good. He's still very young and if he didn't belong to us I think a lot of people would be excited if we signed him. Only thing I can see it being is he wants minutes and we can't guarantee him them. Good luck to the lad and his sexy sister.

I was just being a tool mate, nothing serious. Tbh i'm quite surprised he's not being kept, his numbers in Russia and the CL were good. He's still very young and if he didn't belong to us I think a lot of people would be excited if we signed him. Only thing I can see it being is he wants minutes and we can't guarantee him them. Good luck to the lad and his sexy sister.

I genuinely don't think Croatians get our humour mate

Quite a few of them seemed to think the "It's coming home" stuff in 2018 was actually legit and not just us having an ironic giggle

FWIW, I think he's right in the sense that Vlasic is a good player who will improve

Irony clearly not a big thing in Croatia...
hahah... you'd be surprised how many times you can wander to opinions like this from the "westerners" that actually mean what they say...

Seen it too many times, so yeah, I didn't get it now :D

btw Layne like the avatar, got AIC myself on other forums :)

If he goes on to be great somewhere else then good on the lad (personally think he’s a tidy player but lacks the pace to be a Hazard level). We can’t be bitter about it because the reality is he hasn’t performed for us and there’s no scenario where he performs well for Everton in the near future.

Well, theres on outgoing. I always kind of wanted to see more out of him, but the reality is where does he fit into this team? If we sign a top winger, hes at least 4th, maybe 5th down the list, and certainly wouldnt be starting.

Potential is great and all, but its just that, unrealized ability that may never be. If he was that great at this stage, more than CSKA Moscow would have been for him, and he would have gone for 20 million+. In the end, its impossible to lose financially buying a player who almost never plays for you, and then selling them at a profit.

If he goes on to be great somewhere else then good on the lad (personally think he’s a tidy player but lacks the pace to be a Hazard level). We can’t be bitter about it because the reality is he hasn’t performed for us and there’s no scenario where he performs well for Everton in the near future.

That's not entirely true

Had he been up for being used in rotation he would have done well IMO

He wasn't going to be Starting XI but there would have been a place for him

He decided to bet on himself and get regular minutes elsewhere instead, which is fair enough

wow, very mature comment :) Go with the prejudices and platitudes when you really got nothing to say. I bet he signed for them cause they gave him Lada. Nothin' like a soviet car...

First of all, to introduce myself, although no one cares i guess. I'm a Hajduk Split fan who never really got over selling Vlašić to you guys, he was a too important player for us at the time. That move costed us in a bad way, no one filled the void for a long time, we were wandering offensively with no creative or aggressive players like him. After the transfer I kinda started following Everton a bit, hoping to see if the kid managed to make a nice shift to upper class of football and more competitive league... At the start while Koeman led the team, he got some chances now and then but the team generally look terrible, even much more expensive players didn't show anything and should have been more criticized, the result suffered and Koeman "flew" ... Then Unsworth ignored him after... The kid hoped for the minutes to complete the adjustment and stabilize his status, instead what did he get? You had a few more expensive players at his position and you were not patient with the kid, the truth is he never really got the chance. I understand you all speak protectively about the club and defend it's interests, but in my opinion (and I'm trying to be objective here although I like Vlašić as a player) you guys got rid of him too easy. He's already "worth" 20 mil. by the transfermarkt, he made a great move going to CSKA, he leveled up his game and got recognized as a player. One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...
Agree he didn't get enough chances in a central no. 10 position. He was brilliant for Split when we played them in the Europa league. The timing of his arrival was unfortunate with all the money wasted on underperforming expensive players and it was clear that Koeman and DOF Steve Walsh were not aligned. Now think we need the cash so we have sold too low, just hope we have a generous sell on clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.