2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is and its the same thing with Lookman to a degree, CSKA and Redbull are very good sides in very poor leagues, both of them set up to attack and take the game to the opponents. So they are able to play pretty attacking formations, something we cant afford to do in this league.

So they stand out, of course he scored against a very poor Madrid side.

But the issue is fitting either of them into a formation that works here, its a much, much harder league also, football is easy when its played on your terms.

Cant see this fella, Lookman or the Henry fella still being here next season, think all them will look to move on for various reasons, hopefully im wrong cos they all look very talented boys, its just that we will need people to come in and hit the ground running, these boys have a lots of learning and improving to do and I doubt any of them will be willing to rotate here when they can play every week in other leagues for other teams.

All 3 can and should be integral first-team players next season for me and not least because I think they're talented but mainly because I worry about our financial future if we don't cut back a bit.

All 3 can and should be integral first-team players next season for me and not least because I think they're talented but mainly because I worry about our financial future if we don't cut back a bit.

But if we think we will struggle to get them in the side, it makes more sense to offload when their stocks are high.

I mean Vlasic and Henry would attract a pretty healthy profit, I know footy isnt about profit, as I said I think all are talented and we should be keeping hold, im just not sure that Vlasic for example could play as a number 8, if we wanted to play 433 for example. If we could sell him and get a number 8 that would suit us more, you know the big strong box to box monster or replace the others with a more suitable player.

I dunno, an interesting summer ahead for sure, in a number of ways.

But if we think we will struggle to get them in the side, it makes more sense to offload when their stocks are high.

I mean Vlasic and Henry would attract a pretty healthy profit, I know footy isnt about profit, as I said I think all are talented and we should be keeping hold, im just not sure that Vlasic for example could play as a number 8, if we wanted to play 433 for example. If we could sell him and get a number 8 that would suit us more, you know the big strong box to box monster or replace the others with a more suitable player.

I dunno, an interesting summer ahead for sure, in a number of ways.

I'm quite excited for this Summer. I'm taking it as Brands' first real Summer.

The problem is and its the same thing with Lookman to a degree, CSKA and Redbull are very good sides in very poor leagues, both of them set up to attack and take the game to the opponents. So they are able to play pretty attacking formations, something we cant afford to do in this league.

So they stand out, of course he scored against a very poor Madrid side.

But the issue is fitting either of them into a formation that works here, its a much, much harder league also, football is easy when its played on your terms.

Cant see this fella, Lookman or the Henry fella still being here next season, think all them will look to move on for various reasons, hopefully im wrong cos they all look very talented boys, its just that we will need people to come in and hit the ground running, these boys have a lots of learning and improving to do and I doubt any of them will be willing to rotate here when they can play every week in other leagues for other teams.

Yeah its more hope from my side for all 3 of them.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

At the moment its whether we'd want them in and around the squad or sell and generate £60mil ish

That pays for a centre forward.

They 'could be' but then again;

Vlasic may want to leave
Onyekuru may not get a permit
Lookman may want games

I really hope if Vlasic goes we get a big fee circa £30mil...wouldnt be chuffed if he was sold for much less than that.

Well well well

Nikola Vlasic has been warned he must do better at CSKA Moscow after a period of indifferent form.

With Vlasic, he was supposed to be one of the main players and be a significant factor in the team.

"Has he been? People will say he's scored against Real Madrid but I think probably you'd expect better from him. They had a couple of really good results against Madrid but then they play Roma and he goes missing. It's really disappointing.

"He's quite enjoyed going in there and being a big fish in a small pond after getting swallowed up at Everton and he's done alright. That's the best way to term it.

He's scored a few goals but not stood out as he probably hoped he would in that league which is obviously lesser than the Premier League."

Well well well

Nikola Vlasic has been warned he must do better at CSKA Moscow after a period of indifferent form.

With Vlasic, he was supposed to be one of the main players and be a significant factor in the team.

"Has he been? People will say he's scored against Real Madrid but I think probably you'd expect better from him. They had a couple of really good results against Madrid but then they play Roma and he goes missing. It's really disappointing.

"He's quite enjoyed going in there and being a big fish in a small pond after getting swallowed up at Everton and he's done alright. That's the best way to term it.

He's scored a few goals but not stood out as he probably hoped he would in that league which is obviously lesser than the Premier League."

Quotes from whom exactly?

Edit: Just checked, a "Russian football expert" and commentator, A.K.A. no more informed than I am.

I'd like to see him succeed with us but if he's not in Silva's plans or we have better options, then get as much as we can get for him and move on. I never really thought he got a good run of games to settle in and he looked like he could contribute.

They 'could be' but then again;

Vlasic may want to leave
Onyekuru may not get a permit
Lookman may want games

I really hope if Vlasic goes we get a big fee circa £30mil...wouldnt be chuffed if he was sold for much less than that.

I would like to keep all 3. I think Vlasic could play as one of the two number 8s in a 4-3-3 or a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1. I think Lookman could be LW in a 4-3-3 a LW or 10 in a 4-2-3-1. Henry could be LW or ST in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. They are all young so would allow us to try and build a team for years to come. Add in Richarlison and DCL are similiar age it gives us 5 young attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.