2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont think Tielemans has been fine?

Hes been their best player and standout performer.

That’s not been remotely difficult this season Zat if you watch them but I’d disagree anyway. He’s young and still full of potential but he’s been poor since they first signed him. He’s only 21 but in terms of senior experience he should be someone out their the kids should look up to but nah, bang average.

However, Vlasic thread so wildly irrelevant.

Interesting/useful look at how Vlasic has been this season at the bottom of this article: https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/loan-watch-how-are-premier-league-prospects-across-europe-faring/

Essentially, pretty bloody interesting numbers for a 21 year old in the Champions League against the likes of Real Madrid & Roma - who Everton already own.

"Nikola Vlasic
Everton parted with £10 million to sign Nikola Vlasic from Hadjuk Split in the summer of 2017, but he never really got a proper run in the side during his first year in England. He only once started consecutive league matches as part of seven starts and five substitute appearances. Attacking arrivals midway through that season and at the start of the current campaign pushed him further down the pecking order.
So Everton sent him out on loan to CSKA Moscow, where he was a standout performer during the Champions League group stage for a side who somehow contrived to finish bottom of their group despite defeating Real Madrid home and away.
Playing in a variety of positions across the attacking midfield line, he provided a combined 0.24xG + xGA per 90, yielding one non-penalty goal (plus two penalties) and two assists for a scoring contribution of 0.47 per 90. He most impressed with his ability to progress the ball forward on the pass and the dribble. He led his side in successful dribbles and deep progressions, and ranked second in terms of moving the ball into the penalty area.
What he provided to his team sat somewhere between a midfielder.

Picture10.png

And an attacking midfielder/winger.

Picture11.png

Given the quality of opposition, with Roma and Viktoria Plzen the other two teams in the group, this relatively small sample suggests Everton have a player with a very interesting skillset who is capable of taking on a more central role than the right wing position he was generally assigned last season. Will he get the opportunity to show it?"

Interesting/useful look at how Vlasic has been this season at the bottom of this article: https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/loan-watch-how-are-premier-league-prospects-across-europe-faring/

Essentially, pretty bloody interesting numbers for a 21 year old in the Champions League against the likes of Real Madrid & Roma - who Everton already own.

"Nikola Vlasic
Everton parted with £10 million to sign Nikola Vlasic from Hadjuk Split in the summer of 2017, but he never really got a proper run in the side during his first year in England. He only once started consecutive league matches as part of seven starts and five substitute appearances. Attacking arrivals midway through that season and at the start of the current campaign pushed him further down the pecking order.
So Everton sent him out on loan to CSKA Moscow, where he was a standout performer during the Champions League group stage for a side who somehow contrived to finish bottom of their group despite defeating Real Madrid home and away.
Playing in a variety of positions across the attacking midfield line, he provided a combined 0.24xG + xGA per 90, yielding one non-penalty goal (plus two penalties) and two assists for a scoring contribution of 0.47 per 90. He most impressed with his ability to progress the ball forward on the pass and the dribble. He led his side in successful dribbles and deep progressions, and ranked second in terms of moving the ball into the penalty area.

Picture10.png

Picture11.png

Given the quality of opposition, with Roma and Viktoria Plzen the other two teams in the group, this relatively small sample suggests Everton have a player with a very interesting skillset who is capable of taking on a more central role than the right wing position he was generally assigned last season. Will he get the opportunity to show it?"

@Eggs and i were looking at him being more of an attacking midfielder and @Nymzee seems to have seen him play this season and rates him as a centre midfielder.

I hope we manage to hold onto him

He has done very well. I was disappointed when we sent him out on loan as I have always rated him highly.
Two mistakes at the outset for me ,not sending Dowell on loan and realising he was no where near good enough then sending him on loan anyway, and not giving Vlasic a chance to prove himself here. Poor call all round.

He has done very well. I was disappointed when we sent him out on loan as I have always rated him highly.
Two mistakes at the outset for me ,not sending Dowell on loan and realising he was no where near good enough then sending him on loan anyway, and not giving Vlasic a chance to prove himself here. Poor call all round.

Im not disappointed at all...

I think with him going and playing so well its going to give Silva a decision to make in the summer.

If vlasic had stayed and been in/out like lookman he would be off...

At least we get a new midfielder in the summer...

...I like the lad, Zat, but I fear him and Silva are not on each other’s Christmas card list. I’d be very surprised if we see him back at Everton.

Im not sure, i mean the story Silva came out with was that he had Gylfi, Dowell and Vlasic and couldnt guarantee anyone a starting place so Vlasic asked to go on loan.

Didnt seem to be any animosity to me and i think if you were Silva then you would be looking at a 21 year old whose the best player in russia and quite keen to take a look at him close up in the summer...

Im not disappointed at all...

I think with him going and playing so well its going to give Silva a decision to make in the summer.

If vlasic had stayed and been in/out like lookman he would be off...

At least we get a new midfielder in the summer...
Yes I broadly agree but in effect we kept the wrong youngster.
At the moment I can see us losing out on Vlasic and being saddled with the frankly disappointing and unconvincing Dowell.

"Nikola Vlasic

Picture10.png

Picture11.png

Some impressive numbers there, but very poor defensively and at pressing.

He’s not getting a look in here without those attributes.

Yes I broadly agree but in effect we kept the wrong youngster.
At the moment I can see us losing out on Vlasic and being saddled with the frankly disappointing and unconvincing Dowell.

I think if dowell hits the same heights as at forest he will be off for £10mil+

Im not sure, i mean the story Silva came out with was that he had Gylfi, Dowell and Vlasic and couldnt guarantee anyone a starting place so Vlasic asked to go on loan.

Didnt seem to be any animosity to me and i think if you were Silva then you would be looking at a 21 year old whose the best player in russia and quite keen to take a look at him close up in the summer...

I may have dreamt it Zat, but didn’t Silva have Vlasic training away from the first team squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.