2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that sounds very simple, Bruce, but we don’t know if he went out on loan ‘to get games’. There were rumours of bust-ups, Silva not happy with Vlasic’s attitude and him and Mirallas being banished to train on their own.

I have my doubts he’ll ever play for us again, the plus being that we should make a decent profit on him.

Whatever the reason for him going out on loan, surely all we can expect from the loan is that he a) plays games, and b) plays well. Whether we keep him or move him on, doing both of those things will help enormously.

Gilfi is a good number 10 but he is not good enough for a Top Six team. Vlasic, at least based on how he
played at Madrid, is a much more dynamic and a harder cookie plus he has the potential to be around for years. Gilfi
and Gueye, I reckon, have got two more years in them, no more.

EFC are going to have to cough up serious money for Gomes, a new right-back and above all a new centre-forward,
so saving on a long-term upgrade to the midfield by bringing Vlasic home makes sense to me.

I feel now that he doesn’t want to come back.

There is nothing we can do if thats the case we just need to take the money. He had to go on loan this season as it was only fair to gove Sigurdsson first chance at number 10. Blame has to lie with Unsworth for bombing him straight out the squad even though he was one of the better performers under Koeman. Also Allardyce didn't help using Bolasie ahead of him when he clearly wasn't recovered fully from his injury.

Has he been playing as a creative midfielder or as a number 10?

I get the feeling silva wants to play 3 in the midfield with 3 strikers whereas we’re currently playing with Sig in a more forward role.

There is nothing we can do if thats the case we just need to take the money. He had to go on loan this season as it was only fair to gove Sigurdsson first chance at number 10. Blame has to lie with Unsworth for bombing him straight out the squad even though he was one of the better performers under Koeman. Also Allardyce didn't help using Bolasie ahead of him when he clearly wasn't recovered fully from his injury.

Yes, I know people are saying he could be good for us next season etc. but I think his heart is elsewhere now no matter what. I’d have loved to see him here next year but yep, just make sure we get an appropriate fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.