Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't say we're crying out for a racist. We'd created the most chances out of the top 5 divisions a few weeks back so i don't think a player like him is what we need, we just need a bit more contribution from midfield when jelly isn't firing, we got that today. Our main problem has been shipping goals this season though, probably based on a less than confident GK

Fair point about chance creation, but what I really meant was some goals from outside the box. Maybe Hitzlsperger can be the man to do it.

I would love a natural number 10 though. We do create good chances, but I want someone playing off Jelavic that can allow Fellaini to play a deeper role. Personally I feel he offers us more control there, especially in tandem with Gibson, and he can also aid the defence more. He's not a natural number 10.

I think Jela is going through a bad patch. All strikers do so I hope its temporary. His ball control was poor from the beginning and his overall play was lacking. Lets hope he gets back to the way he was as hes a class act

I thought Agger and Skrtel (and later Coates) did a job on him today, there was always one of them close by sticking to him.

Liverpool defended really deep in the second half, so we couldn't play anything in behind them. He tried to win everything, and got close a couple of times but it just wasn't his day. Losing Mirallas and the service of Pienaar didn't help today either.

He was awful today, in fairness. He's missing something this year. Doesn't seem to have the same fire in his belly and arrogance as before. He can still slot, but the rest of his game's gone to sh*t lately. Puts in a shift, mind.

He wasn't at the races today but I'm a fan, the lad's a winner and a clever footballer, on and off the ball. His movement is a breath of fresh air and his finishing speaks for itself really.

Genuinely just needs more service. He can score goals but today he has one chance (header) an misses, I don't blame him, probably frustrated during today's game with not seeing enough of the ball and just lost composure.

He will continue to be ace mark my words

Fellaini's the focus of the attack now. I think that doesn't help him and he seemed to play a bit better off Cahill last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.