2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interview with Nkoukou recently in which he stated he had been given a clear plan when signing and getting games in the first team so quickly was not at all in the plan.
Yep, from my memory the “promises” at the time were play with the U23s , train with the first team, learn from Ancelotti, be given a few first team appearances if opportunity arose and he deserved it. Remember , when he was signed Baines hadnt retired yet, when he did wed seen Niels and decided not to spend on another LB as cover. As it happened Godfrey was signed and almost by chance proved himself an able LB , limiting Nkounkou’s opportunities . Given he’s been with us six months he’s done really well and shown he’s an exciting prospect, I suspect all sides are happy with his progress. The danger as always is that he did so well against lower league opposition he was being hailed as ‘ better than Digne” .

Give the lad a game on the left (midfield if need be)

Or at least bring him on as sub - Our subs are so predictable you can write them down pre match. He’s got pace and can run with the ball, something we lack.

Maybe if we still have a few injuries he might be worth a place on the LW in front of Digne. Go 4-4-2 with Mina and Keane in the middle Godfrey RB with Coleman in front of him. Allan and Davies in the middle DCL and Richarlison up front. It would be a bit Walter Smith but it might give us a bit of balance.
I'd prefer Nkoukou as the LB in the partnership with Digne, otherwise I'm with you.

Did the lad key Carlo's Range Rover or something? What's he gotta do to get 10 minutes?
Didn't Mosh gift Carlo one of those Bentley SUV's? But yes, his recurring absence from the bench and lack of minutes on the odd occasion he is on the bench is strange. Considering he looked so impressive in the early round cup games, something has clearly gone sideways.

Shame he’s not had a few minutes recently with our injury crisis, looked promising earlier in the season and id sooner see him come on than iwobi who shouldn’t have an Everton career past this season

Honestly find it bizarre he's been frozen out despite showing some early promising signs, A lot better teams than us would easily snap him up and use him more than we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.