2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping he and Small can step up a level over next season so we have viable rotation options for Digne

Wasn't really long enough yesterday for us to judge him. He looked pretty sharp (although I was skipping between games on the tv by this point!), but we need to see an awful lot more.

I feel he should have had a few more opportunities. Even 3 or 4 more sub appearances would have been helpful.

He has had a full season at the club and maybe the next step is a loan move unless the manager feels he has progressed enough to challenge for minutes on the field.

This game is more about discipline, understanding and positioning more than running around.
From my point, I wish he had been given a little more time on the field ahead of Digne, apart from Richarlison who wants to be more central we had no threat there all season.

Well he’s only 20 , didn’t want to stay at Marseille as all they were offering was a loan elsewhere, he joined us on the promise of training with the first team , developing further but no guarantees. So he’s exceeded expectations in playing for the first team this season. I watched him playing for the U23s last month against Brighton and he really wasn’t that impressive , no surging runs that we saw when he first joined, no effort to get back when the ball was lost in midfield. I just hope we haven’t knocked the spark out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.