2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
....just don’t get why we would want to send a really promising youngster out on loan. Posters think going on loan is ‘la, la land’, where youngsters go and get regular game time, impress and comeback to star in the PL.

Out on loan actually means out of Ancelotti’s control. Managers are under immense pressure to get points, a youngsters development is secondary. History suggests very few players sent out on loan go on to have a successful career at Everton.

Nkounkou wasn’t a first teamer before he arrived here and he’s already getting game time in cup competitions. He’s new to this country and training under the guidance of Ancelotti and alongside seasoned internationals.

Glad you're on the forum...saves me a lot of typing.

I couldn't follow yesterday, did he get on?
Yes he came on at the start of extra time and did himself no harm with a decent performance, whipped in two or three good hard centres that just needed a touch by someone coming in, Tosun nearly got on the end of one. Knounkou looks a good strong player who might convert into a wide player, but could also continue to improve in his own position, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he comes good at Everton.

Yes he came on at the start of extra time and did himself no harm with a decent performance, whipped in two or three good hard centres that just needed a touch by someone coming in, Tosun nearly got on the end of one. Knounkou looks a good strong player who might convert into a wide player, but could also continue to improve in his own position, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he comes good at Everton.
Just watched the extended highlights where he featured a few times, think he’ll have a chance to get more game time?

Just watched the extended highlights where he featured a few times, think he’ll have a chance to get more game time?
Yes I’d like to think so but Carlo hasn’t been putting him on the bench, possibly he only got a chance yesterday because the manager played a weakened team and there were nine subs on the bench and five he could use. To be fair Carlo has had him training with the first team since he came from France and told him to be patient and he thinks he has very good potential, maybe yesterday’s cameo will persuade the manager to include him in the squad a bit more.

Hope he does start to get some substitute appearances. Digne's crosses have been a massive part of all of our attacking threats over the last couple of years, and without him and James, we have been very tame. I think it would be smart to challenge him as a winger and tell him to just whip in crosses. Long term I think he settles as a modern attacking FB, but with Digne in his prime, let's figure out how he can make an impact. Already looks to be our third best open-play crosser on the team (and it's really not close).

He's a player and gives a lot of effort and thrust which Bernard, Gomes, Gylfi etc just don't provide.

If Carlo won't play him at fb he's got to be an option as a winger either on or off the bench

Great talent

Status
Not open for further replies.