Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
be a big coup if we could get this fella in,
id see if we could get a couple of more games out of dunc first,until it runs out of steam!

Why is he so highly rated?

Puzzled by this too.

By all accounts the Bayern players thought he had no clue what he was doing, no sense of tactics or how to organise a team, no interest in giving instructions on how to stop specific opponents.

In a league he knows nothing about, it could be throwing gasoline on the fire

Can’t say I am an expert in German football, but when I watched the league trophy presentation (by chance) last season they said that it was the squad who won that title. Basically they were so good and experienced they were able to make up for Kovac’s deficiencies (as they saw it)

This season they have no Robben. It’s like Barca missing Messi.

This is exactly why he failed, never wanted him some of the big heads in club and eventually it radiated down to players. You cant do a good job with "how are they winning with such a bad manager" or "ofcourse they lost with such a bad manager". He took over 2016 with certain relegation and stayed up. Rebic was fringe fiorentina player, and he's awful in my opinon, he's first touch utter shot, jovic 19 year old benfica b player. He will not manager here, he will do great things in bundesliga.

I don't know what kind of a manager he could turn out to be in a long run but I think he has done well so far.
Strangely I have a little crush for Eintracht Frankfurt so I watch a little bit of their games. To realize how well he did there you need to understand that before him they were really dire. He did a stirling job there. Apart from the obvious achievements (imagine the Watford or Norwich teams of this year easily finish in the mid table next two seasons and making wild cup runs) he improved his players immensely. This saw the club making very good profits of some of their players.
As for the Bayern players criticizing him. Well, they could be very arrogant bunch at times. I remember them doing the same with Trappatoni and Ancelotti more recently. Obviously, they haven't done much better without Kovac either. However, it is true that throughout his tenure at Bayern there was a constant feeling that this job was too big for him.

Bayern Munich has perhaps the most lethal CF in the world atm and still they perform awfully with their current manager, 7th in the league atm... Bunch of overpayed primadonnas. Kovac as #1 and Big Dunc as his second to whip up the boys, Id take that

Maybe this week. Itls all very specific from the club so far: 'temporary', 'for Saturday's game'...reiterated again yesterday.
An also the way he spoke after the match, Wouldn’t put his name forward for the job... said several times himself “only today” “world class manager” ( as long as he doesn’t class Moyes as that)

we could of course both be totally wrong as this is EVERTON after all

Status
Not open for further replies.