Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf winning a cup with 11th and 8th positions in the league is at least better than a lot of our most recent set of managers.

Not saying it should be the sum of our goals but can’t say I’d hate it, especially if it was the first season!

Martinez won a cup, Koeman has too and Silva won cups and league titles in different leagues.

If it was me, id give Ferguson United and Leicester games and take some time to decide on someone with more of a track record.

Martinez won a cup, Koeman has too and Silva won cups and league titles in different leagues.

If it was me, id give Ferguson United and Leicester games and take some time to decide on someone with more of a track record.
True but it was those cup wins were the reason I wasn’t against their appointments so similarly I wouldn’t reject Kovac out of hand especially as I know very little else about him.

Today’s result (particularly the players performances) certainly eases a bit of pressure on getting someone in ASAP.

Tbf winning a cup with 11th and 8th positions in the league is at least better than a lot of our most recent set of managers.

Not saying it should be the sum of our goals but can’t say I’d hate it, especially if it was the first season!

He took over a side in the relegation places, that had only 4 years ago come up from the 2nd division.

In his 1st proper season he got the team to 11th and a Cup Final, in his 2nd season he got the team to 8th and smashed Bayern 3-1 in the Cup final. He then got the Bayern job and won the League and cup double.

So in 3 years of Club management hes been in 3 cup finals and won 2 and won the league.

Very small sample size, but im impressed.

He took over a side in the relegation places, that had only 4 years ago come up from the 2nd division.

In his 1st proper season he got the team to 11th and a Cup Final, in his 2nd season he got the team to 8th and smashed Bayern 3-1 in the Cup final. He then got the Bayern job and won the League and cup double.

So in 3 years of Club management hes been in 3 cup finals and won 2 and won the league.

Very small sample size, but im impressed.
Obviously you can’t ever get a complete replication of results but have to admit that sounds pretty enjoyable if the equivalent ever happened to Everton - minus the bit where he leaves to go to a richer club and wins the league of course ;)

To use a Martinez term, what is his “philosophy” or style of play?

Obviously you can’t ever get a complete replication of results but have to admit that sounds pretty enjoyable if the equivalent ever happened to Everton - minus the bit where he leaves to go to a richer club and wins the league of course ;)

To use a Martinez term, what is his “philosophy” or style of play?

I havent looked into much cos im not convinced hes an option yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.