• Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if you want to know the pull of english football

Barnsley just recruited a top draw manager who left a team in the europa league and third in the Austrian Bundesliga for them who is well rated and their bottom of the championship.

So who is to say a Jorge Jesus or Simeone could not be tempted. Everton are the most ambitious they have been in twenty five years, Moshri by all accounts is deadly serious about competing eventually for top four and honours again. Yes mistakes with managers have been made but I do think they still want to compete with the top clubs.

Look if you want to know the pull of english football

Barnsley just recruited a top draw manager who left a team in the europa league and third in the Austrian Bundesliga for them who is well rated and their bottom of the championship.

So who is to say a Jorge Jesus or Simeone could not be tempted. Everton are the most ambitious they have been in twenty five years, Moshri by all accounts is deadly serious about competing eventually for top four and honours again. Yes mistakes with managers have been made but I do think they still want to compete with the top clubs.

That means nothing to anyone except Everton fans. And do many of us truly believe we are by this stage?

The problem is that in all likelihood some of the managerial options will have one eye on the Arsenal situation. Some of the options (Arteta) will want to see how that pans out. Erik ten Hag is the most exciting option being muted but I think that's highly unlikely, I think it will be between Moyes and Arteta (and for sentimental reasons would love Arteta to have Cahill as his number 2).

Moyes is the safe option and could actually work out, it's just not 'exciting.

I know loads on here will fume, but I honestly think the best appointment for Everton (and he was my preference over Silva) is Sean Dyche. He clearly makes the players he has better, works hard and is more interested in the club than himself. Look at Burnley the last few seasons compared to Everton with hardly any investment.

I know loads on here will fume, but I honestly think the best appointment for Everton (and he was my preference over Silva) is Sean Dyche. He clearly makes the players he has better, works hard and is more interested in the club than himself. Look at Burnley the last few seasons compared to Everton with hardly any investment.

I know exactly what you mean. Like you say, some will fume at the suggestion, but right now, I would prefer him to some unproven/unrealistic hipster fave.

A mad world we live in.

The problem is that in all likelihood some of the managerial options will have one eye on the Arsenal situation. Some of the options (Arteta) will want to see how that pans out. Erik ten Hag is the most exciting option being muted but I think that's highly unlikely, I think it will be between Moyes and Arteta (and for sentimental reasons would love Arteta to have Cahill as his number 2).

Moyes is the safe option and could actually work out, it's just not 'exciting.

I wouldn't fume if we appointed Dyche, but I do have reservations about him. He has done a truly excellent job on a budget at Burnley. However, he is still a very British manager. I don't mean that in the sense of an Allardyce, Pulis, route one up and at 'em approach, I mean that in terms of his recruitment and outlook.

Look at Burnley's current squad - https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/teams/first-team/

What do you notice about the make-up of that squad? What do the players all look like? Where are they from? Of those that are not British or Irish you have:
Pieters - Dutch, signed from Stoke
Gudmundsson - Icelandic, came from Charlton
Wood - Kiwi, signed from Leeds
Vydra - Czech, signed from Derby

Whilst Brands is hopefully now the one with final say on transfers, or at least on a committee that needs consent to sign players, Dyche appears to only scout and recruit native English speakers or those from countries where most speak excellent English, and even then, he only signs players who have already played in England for a prolonged period. I will ignore the racial make-up of nearly every Burnley squad he's ever had, because I've never heard or read anything that would suggest he has a racist bone in his body, but it does concern me, probably wrongly though.

My overriding point is that I don't think he knows, or even tries to learn, about any leagues outside of England and Scotland. Recruiting only from these isles is much more expensive, much trickier and suggests an inability, or unwillingness, to work with players from different cultures, or who need to learn a new language. How do we think Dyche would manager, for example, Kean, Richarlison or even Mina?

His "my way or the high way" routine works at somewhere like Burnley with a tight budget and homogeneous squad, where he has proved himself successful in making them punch above their weight. If he came to us though, with heightened (realistic or not) expectations, bigger budgets and a very diverse squad including players on massive wages and with big transfer fees, could he really get the best out of them and implement his methods in the same way? I fear he could just be like Moyes at Man Utd only on a smaller scale.

Maybe the madness has kicked in but heard a blue before on the radio before talking about Roy Keane,he was laughed out of court, but thinking about it, could he be a fit for us?Passionate(maybe too much I know!!)would kick butts in our over pampered dressing room, would go absolutely crazy at officials for example with these decisions that have cost us this season, an absolute winner with a winning mentality, and a real nasty so and so which I believe is exactly the type of character this so passive club of ours requires, yep point to his managerial credentials but maybe us as a club(I know he always talks about his admiration for the passion of us Evertonians)could be a marriage for him and us that clicks, yes a gamble but so to me are a number of the choices I see on the list,I would take him all day over Moyes,Hughes ,Howe etc, in fact I think it would be an exciting appointment, no compo to pay and he's down the road in Cheshire and no I haven't touched the Chang before you ask ;) lol

Maybe the madness has kicked in but heard a blue before on the radio before talking about Roy Keane,he was laughed out of court, but thinking about it, could he be a fit for us?Passionate(maybe too much I know!!)would kick butts in our over pampered dressing room, would go absolutely crazy at officials for example with these decisions that have cost us this season, an absolute winner with a winning mentality, and a real nasty so and so which I believe is exactly the type of character this so passive club of ours requires, yep point to his managerial credentials but maybe us as a club(I know he always talks about his admiration for the passion of us Evertonians)could be a marriage for him and us that clicks, yes a gamble but so to me are a number of the choices I see on the list,I would take him all day over Moyes,Hughes ,Howe etc, in fact I think it would be an exciting appointment, no compo to pay and he's down the road in Cheshire and no I haven't touched the Chang before you ask ;) lol
It's been a long day Dario, go and have a nap.

If this is you off the Chang, I'd start.

Status
Not open for further replies.