Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman is the safe, middle of the road option.

Wont be disappointed if he came, but i wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops.

in ur case it might not be stupidest thing to steady the ship first and then build powerfull force with the help of Moshy. Just rambling here...i still have other thoughts about other managers but i think Koeman is nearly there.

in ur case it might not be stupidest thing to steady the ship first and then build powerfull force with the help of Moshy. Just rambling here...i still have other thoughts about other managers but i think Koeman is nearly there.

Or he could be using any supposed Everton interest in negotiations with Southampton for a new deal.

Despite what anyone claims on this forum I believe the chances of getting Mourinho are minute. However there is seemingly another highly successful party interested. From The Independent:
Rafael Benitez would consider the prospect of succeeding Roberto Martinez as Everton manager if approached, though he was on Thursday night weighing up whether to led Newcastle United’s attempts to return to the Premier League.

The Goodison Park position would be an ideal fit for the Spaniard, whose wife and daughters are still based on Merseyside, though the Independent understands he is unconvinced that the club’s chairman Bill Kenwright and new major shareholder Farha Moshiri would want a former Liverpool manager to succeed 42-year-old Martinez, who was sacked after a run of one win in ten. Frank de Boer, whose departure from Ajax was announced on Thursday after his agent said at the weekend he would “love to join a club like Everton” is the current front runner.

Benitez feels that Everton’s supporters may not set their faces against his appointment and considers the Everton job to be a fine opportunity for whoever takes it, with a very strong group of players in Ross Barkley, Romelu Lukaku and James McCarthy who are ready-made contenders for European football. But he knows there is sensitivity attached, owing to the rivalry which existed between him and David Moyes when the two were Merseyside managers between 2004 and 2010.

Talk sport going over possible candidates. Rafael, moyes, hughes, Pearson, Howe, dyche and Lennon all mentioned.

got to be honest, it would almost certainly be between that bunch if it was up to kenwright. that would be the list if moshiri hadn't have come in, that's totally changed now though imo.

Honestly it would depress me if Emery came to Everton from Sevilla, it would show how lopsided football is becoming. Saying that I'm not English (mind you with a name like Shu Ren Dennis Ng you probably aren't either)

Talking of names - isn't your user name a bit offensive?

The only thing that offends me about his user name is the fact that he hasn't spelt it right

Why do people look down upon Koeman but wet their shorts at the thought of FdB? Even McClaren won the title in Holland. Koeman has also like FdB won numerous titles in the Eredevisie, managed in Europe, and has done very well at Southamptom given that he's lost about 3-4 key players every season. They've been under the radar this season due to Leicester's achievements, but they've been quite good nonetheless.

FdB is the bigger risk imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.