Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the way to look at it in general, you want a manager whose consistently outperformed, I think Emery and De Boer fall into that category, as does Jose.

Favre is the king of this category for me mate, which is why I want him so bad. Along with the fact I think his style would suit the Prem to a tee.

Sadly i think Favre will go to Galatasaray or such team

Apparently his agent has specifically said he's not going to Galatasaray, and that he's in contact with two clubs at the moment.

I think it's less likely (as part of what the board seem to be looking for is a bit of 'star power'), but I remain hopeful.

I see the name of Martin O Neill being mentioned more in recent days. I think this is being fuelled by his refusal to sign a new contract until after the Euros.
It may well be that he wants to get back into club management and is waiting to see what is available to him.

I have seen him linked in the same bracket as Howe and Hughes, but in truth his record is far superior to either. I am surprised that there is so much hostility to O Neill but a willingness to give a manager like De Boer a chance, who has absolutely no experience of managing outside of Holland. The Dutch league is not that much better than the Scottish league and I don't see anybody suggesting that we appoint anybody from there.

When O Neill was allowed to spend some money at Villa he was turning them into a very good team. It all fell apart very quickly there but he was doing a good job while he was there.

I certainly don't know who the managerial targets are, but I have seen names like Pellegrini, Bielsa, Hinnink and other mentioned and I am no more impressed by any of them than I am by O Neill.

We are possibly at an unsual place in our history. If it is true that Moshiri has big plans for our club and more importantly has big budgets available for the summer transfer window. We have been a club that could not shop in Harrods for the best managers available. Instead, we took risks and appointed managers that were on an upward curve in their careers and Everton FC was a substantial upward step.
We may now be looking at what is available in Harrods football managers counter for the first time, but what are we looking for and are young managers like De Boer and Howe even available at Harrods. Are we in the market to price the best merchandise or are still looking at the bargain basement...only a better class of bargain basement.

Apparently his agent has specifically said he's not going to Galatasaray, and that he's in contact with two clubs at the moment.

I think it's less likely (as part of what the board seem to be looking for is a bit of 'star power'), but I remain hopeful.

I would be very happy if it would be him.

This afternoon I put £10 on Jose @ 33s with BetVictor (their max bet on that selection). Within 5 minutes it was price changed to 20s. Obviously I have no idea what volume of bets they'd taken on it but I wouldn't be surprised if it only takes a smallish bet to affect the markets

1. This afternoon I put £10 on Jose @ 33s with BetVictor (their max bet on that selection). Within 5 minutes it was price changed to 20s. Obviously I have no idea what volume of bets they'd taken on it but I wouldn't be surprised if it only takes a smallish bet to affect the markets
Hah

If i would have account in some of those firms I would defo throw few tenners on Favre and wait for rumours to pop up x

Btw...Okeefe defo knows how easily those odds change.

Why did he felt the need to tweet that O'Neill tweet...

Status
Not open for further replies.