Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you're Lukaku, Stones or Barkley.

How thrilled would you be to see Pellegrini come in?

We need someone charismatic which would obviously be Jose or Simeone to stir them up.

Watching De Boer on the stage singing songs and his playing career being captain at ajax,barca and holland would impress anyone and coming from Ajax is also impressive.

He is a BIG name. What is interesting is who would he bring with him...the more the merrier.

Bergkamp and Stam come in ans Lukaku Stones and Barkley would be thrilled.

My 3rd constantly changes.

I want Jose, hes numero uno, I do realise that its a complete dream, but you gotta have a dream, IIIIIII HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!
Then FDB, his league titles impress me mucho
3rd choice sways between Cocu, Vitor and AVB, not overly convinced by any really, basically its Jose or RDB, whilst I would "accept" the likes of Pellegrini, Biesla, Emery, im not overly impressed with Koeman.

Would you honestly have Pellegrini over Koeman? If so why?

Fair dos mate. Interesting perspective.

I like to look at how much they can squeeze out of their clubs - can they consistently overperform and be tacically astute? Arguably winning 5 out of 6 (possible) league titles is overperforming to be fair.
I think that's the way to look at it in general, you want a manager whose consistently outperformed, I think Emery and De Boer fall into that category, as does Jose.

I only judge people on what I think they should win, he should win the League and he wins i
Celtic should win the league and have done every year that RD has been in chagre.

Of course FDB is a stronger candidate and I totally agree with you that I think he would be a good fit at Goodison but I was pointing out the fallacy of one of the points of your argument

I want Jose, hes numero uno, I do realise that its a complete dream, but you gotta have a dream, IIIIIII HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!
3rd choice sways between Cocu, Vitor and AVB, not overly convinced by any really, basically its Jose or RDB, whilst I would "accept" the likes of Pellegrini, Biesla, Emery, im not overly impressed with Koeman.
Surprised you'd put Cocu, Vitor & AVB in front of Emery as I think his record over 10 years is more impressive than all three.

RE: DeBoer

Isn't he playing with largely young players produced by the academy? Mainly because that's how Ajax runs the ship? Am I wrong in saying that?

Couldn't he succeed with a club with a strong academy and an owner willing to spend money on players?

Celtic should win the league and have done every year that RD has been in chagre.

Of course FDB is a stronger candidate and I totally agree with you that I think he would be a good fit at Goodison but I was pointing out the fallacy of one of the points of your argument

A fair point, but surely everybody knows the difference between the SPL and most decent leagues in Europe.

I mean it would be like me saying we go for the Iraq league winners manager, but I concede your point.

Surprised you'd put Cocu, Vitor & AVB in front of Emery as I think his record over 10 years is more impressive than all three.

Emerys league form is a bit poo, poo.

Agree with that buy my 3rd choice is also fairly open...jardin at monaco interesting otherwise cocu has done well at PSV...

Any South American managers of note from River Plate or wherever currently?

The next simeone...as 3rd choice punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.