Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 3 are decent the rest very average. He also bought Abel Xavier from us which really was the most hilarious transfer in living memory.

Come on mate. Arbeloa played for Real Madrid and won the Euros and World Cup with Spain. Reina and Agger were very good. I'm as bitter as they come but quality is quality. They've hardly got any players now that would get into that side they had in 08/09

I don't want him because of his past, but let's be fair with transfers.

Alonso Torres Mascherano Arbeloa Agger Reina Kuyt Finnan Skrtel Benayoun.

That's not a bad list by anyone's reckoning.

I'll flesh out my argument by raising you the following;

Josemi, Nunez, Pellegrino, Morientes, Carson, Barragan, Sissoko, Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Aurelio, Pennant, Leto, Voronin, Babbel, Insua, Dossena, Cavalieri, N'Gog, Keane, Riera, Aquilani, and Krygiakos.

And there's a couple of borderline ones I missed off.

Finnan was utter dogturd mate, as was Benayoun

So that leaves 8 signings of note in 6 years and having spent hundreds of millions.

Yes he bought Arbeloa - he also sold him for just 5m to Real Madrid
Yes he bought Alonso - he also sold him to Real Madrid as well - as he wanted to 'upgrade' with Gareth Barry i believe LOL
Kuyt and Skrtel - never any more than decent players - neither anything special - which is why Liverpool kept hold of them - if they where special they'd have been sold like the rest of their better players
Mascherano - yeah a good buy no doubt about it, although he never tried him at cb i don't believe which is where he has won all his trophies for Barca playing ;)
Reina - decent keeper
Torres - exceptional striker - that one i will give you as a great buy

I don't like doling out any credit to the RS, but the man got to two CL finals, winning one, won the cup, put together a good title challenge, won two titles and a European trophy with Valencia, then picked up the Europa with Chelsea. There's no denying he's a very good manager. Not for us obviously, but a very good manager.

I'll flesh out my argument by raising you the following;

Josemi, Nunez, Pellegrino, Morientes, Carson, Barragan, Sissoko, Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Aurelio, Pennant, Leto, Voronin, Babbel, Insua, Dossena, Cavalieri, N'Gog, Keane, Riera, Aquilani, and Krygiakos.

And there's a couple of borderline ones I missed off.

Ha ha j really don't care about winning this one. Happy to go with Benitez is turd. Think Martinez is just starting to make everyone look good.

Eddie Howe may well turn out to be an excellent manager. Who knows?

But dont really fancy us being used as a sample to see if he will be. I am happy to stand corrected, but has he, like ever, managed anyone with actual expectations of success?
Er.....no. no he hasnt.
I would just love a blue at the helm, Romantic yes but ....im convinced half the names listed above are only there coz they sound exotic and exotic spells winner... Apparently....if you change the letters round, add a few, delete .......a few ?
Howe camp for me. ....at least he's realistic. ...Bill aint going for expensive, Guaranteed.

Come on mate. Arbeloa played for Real Madrid and won the Euros and World Cup with Spain. Reina and Agger were very good. I'm as bitter as they come but quality is quality. They've hardly got any players now that would get into that side they had in 08/09

Alright Areloa then but that's it. Don't even go there with Dirk Kuyt. :yellow:

Er.....no. no he hasnt.
I would just love a blue at the helm, Romantic yes but ....im convinced half the names listed above are only there coz they sound exotic and exotic spells winner... Apparently....if you change the letters round, add a few, delete .......a few ?
Howe camp for me. ....at least he's realistic. ...Bill aint going for expensive, Guaranteed.

It won't be Bill,s choice.
2016 is the year we buried romantics in club terms.

Eddie Howe again Christ on a bike. We don't have time for a maybe manager it's got to be a winner.
Nowt is certain mate. Jose could work....could be a car crash...as could Pellegrini. It would end up costing us a lot less in compensation if it went tits up. Pessimist here...so much so I cant spell it. This is what el bobo has done to me.

It won't be Bill,s choice.
2016 is the year we buried romantics in club terms.
Not so sure, the biggest one still has a position of power at the club and our oddity of a manager still hasnt been sacked....and he's as "romantic" as he is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.