Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's De Boer or Mourinho for me.Mourinho has a massive ego and he is a divisive character but so what.Everton FC have been nice guys for long enough.If he get's the results then i couldn't care less really about his ego or who he upsets.Of course Jose would need to understand that this isn't the Mourinho show.That it would be made clear that he is here to make Everton number 1 again and that he is not bigger than the club.I just want us to hire a manager that announces to the world that Everton FC are back in business again.That the days of mediocrity small thinking and doing things on the cheap are over.

Need a winner more than anything. Someone who has won a thing or to as manager not as a player preferably. That rules a few out of the list above for me.

Roberto won a FA cup actually. Forget everything I said.

I changed from Mourinho to De Boer based on De Boer bringing his assistants with him (R.De Boer/Jaap Stam/Bergkamp) as they have played at the very top in all areas of the teams spine + Overmars as Director of football...add in a class GK coach and thats a "whose who" of recent footballing superstars which attracts players.

Also we have Stones,Barkley,Lukaku,Deulofeu + Robles,Mori,Besic,McCarthy who can all learn and develop under the management team. Additonally its a lower risk for us to have such a management team rather than just one single figure as manager.

On top of this, the Ajax team has alot of u21 players which bodes well for us with a fair amount of defenders and midfielders getting full national caps before hitting 21.

Galloway
Kenny
Connolly
Holgate
All defenders who could be brought through and developed by this group.

Walsh
Ledson
Davies
Dowell

All midfielders who could be developed.

Theres 8 players there who have a chance under some amazing former players they can look up to.

I think the ages of the management team are all 40s which breeds longevity and i look at the names and think Stonss,Lukaku and Barkley would be excited to work with them.

Would they be as excited under Pelligrini? For me not at all...Emery, not really...Mourinho they may well be excited to work for a winner but worried about how chelsea imploded and footballers talk...

As an individual manager im sure Cocu would be arguably better from holland but as a group and a management team this is very impressive.

Imagine being Ross Barkley and being told Bergkamp is taking you for 1-1 training...or Stamand De Boer with Stones...Overmars as director of football monitoring deulofeu and signing top wingers...

Mouthwatering.

Imagine being Ross Barkley and being told Bergkamp is taking you for 1-1 training...or Stamand De Boer with Stones...Overmars as director of football monitoring deulofeu and signing top wingers...

Mouthwatering.

Overmars is on the Ajax Board, its unlikely he would come, also I suspect Bergkamp would get the Ajax job.

Most of the people you mentioned are Ajax people, I would imagine he would bring his brother over and some of these people, bar Bergkamp.

Technical staff
Medical staff
  • Manager physical performance: Gavin Benjafield
  • Team doctor: Bas Peijs
  • Team doctor: Don de Winter
  • Physiotherapist: Ralph van der Horst
  • Physiotherapist: Pim van Dord
  • Physiotherapist: Frank van Deursen
  • Fitness coach / Recovery trainer: Björn Rekelhof
Accompanying staff
  • Team manager: Tjerk Smeets
  • Players supervisor: Herman Pinkster
  • Performance coach: Guillaume Elmont
  • Press officer: Miel Brinkhuis

It's the myth about attractive football that does my head in the most. It's just not true. It's mostly awful football with a focus on counter attacking.

The most interesting thing on that link is a couple of posts down referencing Defoe. From all the stick i get about playing u21s, ive been saying we should sign Defoe as a bench option. Far better than anyone ee have bar Lukaku.

My blood boiled when martinez signed Kone and a few others when even someone like me on the other side of the world getting up for late night streams can see that some of his signings are dreadful.

Hes got an amazing transfer record for a certain type of player but is incredibly weak on some types of transfer.

However it cant be disputed that we have a great squad core at the moment and a fresh wave of young lads cominf through...hes been a big part of that. What we need is a manager to take these players and bring them to the next level.

Overmars is on the Ajax Board, its unlikely he would come, also I suspect Bergkamp would get the Ajax job.

Most of the people you mentioned are Ajax people, I would imagine he would bring his brother over and some of these people, bar Bergkamp.

Technical staff
Medical staff
  • Manager physical performance: Gavin Benjafield
  • Team doctor: Bas Peijs
  • Team doctor: Don de Winter
  • Physiotherapist: Ralph van der Horst
  • Physiotherapist: Pim van Dord
  • Physiotherapist: Frank van Deursen
  • Fitness coach / Recovery trainer: Björn Rekelhof
Accompanying staff
  • Team manager: Tjerk Smeets
  • Players supervisor: Herman Pinkster
  • Performance coach: Guillaume Elmont
  • Press officer: Miel Brinkhuis

Thats very interesting.

Any idea on Stam as he's been mentioned in a few places as an assistant manager as well + i think Ronald is A1 manager which im guessing is their reserve team.

Cruyff put them in these roles not De Boer which is one concern if he got the job as who knows what his abilities are as an individual without this structure.

Bergkamp in interviews online has said he prefers his downtime than being a manager where focus is needed 24/7 so thats interesting -- Bogarde as defensive coach is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.