Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If it ends up being Koeman - who is full disclosure choice number 2 behind Emery for me, we are getting a manager with a CV miles better than Moyes/Martinez. Both in managerial achievements and playing achievements. He managed the Wanyama and Mane issues miles better than RM and Stones. I would have liked Emery - But you cant FORCE someone to manage for you. They have to want to come. Man City had to Hire Mark Hughes and work up to Mancini, Pellegrini, and Pep. If you believe Pellegrini/FDB is better than Koeman fair enough though I don't fall into that camp. Favre/Mancini - no real published reports they want to come.

Koeman may not be sexy - But I believe if he can get Southampton to 6th on No budget - I bet he can do better with Everton and a Decent Transfer wedge.

From that saints forum..

"Moyes would be the ideal candidate. One of the only managers seemingly these days that will show loyalty and be in for the long haul too. Come on Les sell the club go him and see what he can achieve over the next 10+ years"

At least one person there is as crazy as 56 people here apparently

Think he's gone for the project tbh the new owner is hugely ambitious here and will pay whatever it takes to get us into the champions league.

We have been badly mismanaged the last 2 seasons under a joke of a manager yet we were never in any real danger of relegation and we did beat you easily earlier in the season. With big investment and proper management I would expect champions league football.

About Koeman I can see every single saints fan rates him very highly and higher than Poch in most cars. Can you outline what his managerial and tactical strengths are?
A guess his biggest strengths are making a team thats hard to beat, and he can adapt tactics better than most. You guys did give us a thorough pasting early in the season (I was there), but I think by and large, he squeezed the very most he could out of our squad. Defensively we were awful November-December, so Koeman started playing 5-3-2 for a month and a half which really galvanised the defence, and laid the foundation for a good end of season form, which shows he can adapt tactically. Being able to organise a defense and adapt tactically are two things I can imagine you guys are dying to see.

Negatives he's not the best man manager. Ward-Prowse, Tadic and Mane have all had fallings out him for being too harsh.

I'm a saints fan, from everything thats been said and from our own ITK, seems like Koeman is on his way to you guys. I'm sad to see him go, he did us a very good turn, and really helped the club in a hard time for us.

Disappointed to see him go, but I have faith that we will find a good manager to succeed him, and that our club is in safe hands. Slightly suprised to see him go to you guys, your definitely the bigger club, but after two years of hard work with us and another crack at Europa this season, it's slightly surprising he would give that up, for rebuilding a struggling team (even with the promise of huge investment.)

A question to you Everton fans, with City, United, Wet Spam, Chelski and you lot all planning on big overhauls of your squads and spending X hundred million, do you think A) there are enough good players out there, for all these big clubs? B) By saying you have 150 million to spend aren't you opening yourselves up to overpaying massively on players, as clubs know you have cash to burn?
Alright mate. Actually tried to sign up to your forum (using a similar name) to have a rational discussion, but didn't get approved.

To answer your question, of those 5 teams, we're only likely to be competing (for the most part) against West Ham for players, certainly in this transfer window, so yeah I guess there's probably enough players out there.

The second part is a problem- but to be honest I imagine that 1) the quoted numbers are inflated and 2) prices will be bumped up for all Premier League clubs this season because of the tv deal

From that saints forum..

"Moyes would be the ideal candidate. One of the only managers seemingly these days that will show loyalty and be in for the long haul too. Come on Les sell the club go him and see what he can achieve over the next 10+ years"

At least one person there is as crazy as 56 people here apparently
TO BE FAIR, it's not like he'd relegate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.