Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also be plausible that what we may end up with us a step up manager in the short term. We're 11th in the table and have a lot of squad building ahead. The market may not be great for getting a manager at the calibre we would dream of. City had to get in Hughes, then Mancini before they ended up with Pellegrini and Guardiola. We're gutted we missed out on Mourinho first time of asking. It could be that a manager a rung below the likes of Emery comes in, gets us back into the Europa league and buys a few quality players. In 2 seasons time we're then in the position to entice a champions league manager.

Obviously if Moshiri has the will and the way to accelerate the whole process then all power to him.
Said something like this a few weeks ago but was told it was lacking ambition.
I think we need someone to come in raise our profile and move up the table. Top 6 next season and maybe more the following one. We have ground to make up without question

The assumption is that managing a squad of players at City or Chelsea is easier that at a club like Everton or Stoke or Liverpool is false. The huge sums of money at their disposal make life harder rather than easier for the manager.
The expectations are higher the players have huge egos and possibly clauses in their contracts about playing time as well as all the other usual stuff.

We talk about Pellegrini and Mancini not really doing well at City but let's not forget Mourinho himself had a disastrous season with Chelsea until he left and he made no secret of it that he blamed the players. Pellegrini at least have managed at the level we want to get to and that counts for something.

Emery has been my choice and as somebody else has already posted if Emery were to come to Everton I am sure he could have escape clauses in his contract allowing to leave for certain clubs if the opportunity arose.
I think Zidane is safe until next season anyway. I think most of the big clubs would be happy to see Emery widen his level of experience by managing in England.
If , at some stage, Real Madrid came calling I don't see how he could be stopped.
The Emery situation in my opinon depends on two considerations.
1. Does he feel he has taken Sevilla as far as he can or can they hope to seriously challenge the top three.
2. Does he feel that the package offered by Everton is good enough to allow him to challenge for top honours in England.

It could also be plausible that what we may end up with us a step up manager in the short term. We're 11th in the table and have a lot of squad building ahead. The market may not be great for getting a manager at the calibre we would dream of. City had to get in Hughes, then Mancini before they ended up with Pellegrini and Guardiola. We're gutted we missed out on Mourinho first time of asking. It could be that a manager a rung below the likes of Emery comes in, gets us back into the Europa league and buys a few quality players. In 2 seasons time we're then in the position to entice a champions league manager.

Obviously if Moshiri has the will and the way to accelerate the whole process then all power to him.

mark hughes in!

I have got a potentially very serious medical condition at the moment and this thread has taken my mind off things like nothing else! thanks to all fellow blues on here, great bunch of lads and girls.

Get well soon pal.

I think we might have found a cure for every illness known to man by the time Moshri has been through his list of potential managers and been knocked back by them all.

Moyes would send out the message that we are a mid table club and will continue to do so.
A "knife to a gunfight " attitude.

As a manager , he may do very well with the ability to sign better players. We certainly would be harder to beat. He did well enouh t be offered the chance to manage Utd and it was a poison chalice of a job anyway.
However, I think more than anything how he behaved as he left Everton and during his period in charge at Utd has soured the opinon of Everton supporters against him
Evertonians are generally fair towards people who left the club to play or manage else where. The absolute rejection of a return by Moyes from supporters is universal tells us a lot about how he blotted his copybook with supporters.

I think that any manager who is given the job is told that a top four finish is the minimum requirement not some utopia that we aspire to.

I consider Koeman off the table... we move on. The list of candidates from the off has always been impressive but all, including Mourinho, had some caveats, so the is no one out of the first three or four I'll lose sleep over. If we slip beyond that into Moyes territory then I start to worry.

The lack of news, to me, suggests that we are currently in a holding pattern, waiting on the result of tomorrows game.

I personally cant see Real sacking Zidane, even if they lose, but Perez is an utter mentalist and whos to say he hasnt had doubts over Zidanes lack of experience from the start?

Emery would be foolish to exclude himself from even the remote chance to be Real Madrid manager, thus waiting on the game tomorrow seems HIS best option.

Clearly the above is based on the assumption that we are even talking to Emery, which all the noises suggest we are.

So tomorrow, we all support Real Madrid, screw you Diego you little rat, still havent forgiven you for getting Beckham sent off and your son has a terrible haircut.

If we really were after Overmars as DOF, I would suspect that hints that we're after De Boer. Mind that could all be just guff too.

A DoF, MOST of the time is a long term appointment, not just for the term of a manager, everything ive read points to De Boer not even on the list anymore, which is quite baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.