Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a new DoF then a manager shouldn't be chosen until the DoF is in place and has time to look over the squad etc. We need to do it right this time and if we hire a DoF then they need to have complete control over hiring managers and players to suit a system and or style. Imo it's where we've went wrong with Walsh plus he's seemingly out of his depth too like. Would love Fonseca or Emery saying that though.
Good in theory doesn’t work in practice , Chelsea and Conte being a case in point.
The manager should tell the DOF I need a player for this position with certain qualities and attributes and maybe names one or two players.
The DOF compiles a list of players who meet the criteria , are available and affordable and who he thinks will suit the club.
The manager then picks his 1-2-3 from the list and the DOF tries to sign them.
The manager should always have the final say on players for the first team squad

I’m thinking it’s going to be Eddie Howe.

Dyche looks to be taking Burnley into Europe, I can’t see him turning his back on that.

Fonseca I’m still very much on the fence about, it’s a big risk plus I’m not sure he’d even entertain us.

Conte would be top drawer & these work shy ****ers in our squad wouldn’t know what’s hit them if he turned up. Alas, the Italian national job beckons.

The ‘super’ managers are all out of the park, Emery, Simeone et al.

Laurent Blanc was an interesting rumour.

If I were choosing & we were knocked back by all the above it would be a punt on Arteta & give the lad a three year contract.

Dyche looks to be taking Burnley into Europe, I can’t see him turning his back on that.

Fonseca I’m still very much on the fence about, it’s a big risk plus I’m not sure he’d even entertain us.

Conte would be top drawer & these work shy ****ers in our squad wouldn’t know what’s hit them if he turned up. Alas, the Italian national job beckons.

If I were choosing & we were knocked back by all the above it would be a punt on Arteta & give the lad a three year contract.

I’m not sure on this Arteta link. Think it would be better for him to start with a club lower down and see how it goes.

I think Arteta could have the makings of a good manager, he seems to be highly rated as a coach. He's also a classic Kenwright appointment, which makes it highly unlikely as the Mosh will be intent on making yet another ill advised appointment no doubt.

I find it very concerning that there's been no indication that Fat Sam will be leaving this summer. The club doesn't need to come out and say he's staying because he's got a contract that runs another 12 months yet. I genuinely think he'll be here next season, which makes me very sad indeed.

I find it very concerning that there's been no indication that Fat Sam will be leaving this summer. The club doesn't need to come out and say he's staying because he's got a contract that runs another 12 months yet. I genuinely think he'll be here next season, which makes me very sad indeed.
IMHO after the length of time it took to get Koeman and then the hullabaloo trying to replace him , I think the club will wait till the end of the season to sack him.
We will get a statement to the effect that the club thanks Sam for his efforts but the club have listened to the fan base and now feels its time to move in a different direction and then announce our new DOFand Mansger

I dont really understand the angst against Rafael. Hes an excellent coach.
Hes won the CL, Europa Cup abd EUFA Cup.
and he lives on our doorstep.
Hes built a good organised team at Newcastle with very little money and championship players.
He has a wealth of coaching experience in the PL and Europe....and his record speaks for itself.
He enjoys improving and coaching players and given a decent amount of money he certainly would develope players into a very good team.
The recent takeover attempt of Newcastle was only ever going to go ahead if he remained manager.....that was the stipulation and highlighted his importance.
You know what youre going to get with him and he would be available.
I couldnt care less who he managed before.
Nose faces and spite come to mind.

I do realise that it wont happen but I suppose my point is that when big decisions are made you have to do whats best for the club...whether thats hiring or firing managers, players or board members....sentimentality or who someone managed or played for previously shouldnt come into it.

Rafael is doing a good job at Newcastle, but this idea that he has a squad full of ‘Championship players’ is nonsense. I think only one of their entire squad of the weekend is having their first top flight season.
Compare that to the vast majority of Brighton or Huddersfield players.

Wow.

Tuchel is at PSG sadly and Simeone is no where leaving Atletico and if he leaves he will go to Inter his dream job,he's just waiting to see how their Chinese owners are and if they are the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.