Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the point of having a manager at all if somebody else is picking the players and the system. .. let a manager manage.
Coaching, tactics and training. No harm in there being dialogue between the manager and DoF, i.e. I like this player and that player etc from the DoFs candidates or vice versa. Reason I'm for the model if done correctly is that it protects the club better when managers and coaching staff leave as the club will always look to hire staff and players to fit and work with the chosen philosophy or style which means Mr. New Manager walks up and picks up from where the old one left off essentially. Whereas now we have the issue of having had 4 managers with different styles and players from each of their reigns and its not gelling etc. A possession based attacking coach should've been hired after Martinez considering, a good DoF would've seen to that.

Coaching, tactics and training. No harm in there being dialogue between the manager and DoF, i.e. I like this player and that player etc from the DoFs candidates or vice versa. Reason I'm for the model if done correctly is that it protects the club better when managers and coaching staff leave as the club will always look to hire staff and players to fit and work with the chosen philosophy or style which means Mr. New Manager walks up and picks up from where the old one left off essentially. Whereas now we have the issue of having had 4 managers with different styles and players from each of their reigns and its not gelling etc. A possession based attacking coach should've been hired after Martinez considering, a good DoF would've seen to that.
But why would you want a new manager to come in and do exactly the same as a previous manager ( unless previous manager has been successful ) ?

Yeh ... something like Mick McCarthy? :Blink:
Don't even go there.

Also, IDGAF if Rafael used to manage Them. He's a good manager. You can't have it both ways, you can't complain about accepting mediocrity and not being ambitious enough, but reject someone with a decent track record because he used to manage our rivals.

Don't even go there.

Also, IDGAF if Rafael used to manage Them. He's a good manager. You can't have it both ways, you can't complain about accepting mediocrity and not being ambitious enough, but reject someone with a decent track record because he used to manage our rivals.

Is age a factor ?
Balancing experience, know how and ideally getting someone who can come in, laid down a plan and implement it over the next few years.

Rather than a short term fix (incl. old fella's like Allardici) and be in the same boat next year or so.
Tuchel, Emery, Fonseca (all mid-40's) could potentially come in and oversee a rebuild over 5 years

But why would you want a new manager to come in and do exactly the same as a previous manager ( unless previous manager has been successful ) ?
I mean with a DoF there's not a major need for overhauling the team due to managers with different styles coming in. I'm talking style of play and philosophy, I don't mean the next manager coming in and doing exactly what the last guy done. A good DoF will set a style and philosophy that the youth to senior team use and players are signed based on that as are coaches and managers. A good DoF means sustained success, some of the most successful teams are using the model

Status
Not open for further replies.