• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a ringing endorsement then?
To me he won the league with a set of some of the best young players at the time playing all out attack. Just blew teams away that year and even then nearly lost it on the last day! I don't rate ranieri either tbh.

Not taking anything away from them mind you, fantastic achievements to win the league but the fact they haven't been able to replicate it anywhere else is pretty damning in my opinion

For me this is what makes Fonseca more of a realistic possibility
I expect Mosh will stick with Sam if we finish the season well but if he wants the out of contract Fonseca this summer then I'm confident he'll get him.
Fonseca simply hasn't yet done enough to get a top team imo and he'd jump at the chance to come to the Prem.
“All coaches want to go to England and I am one,” said Fonseca in an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport. “I have this dream and I believe this can happen. I believe a lot this can happen. If it’s soon or not, I have this dream. I have a big, big passion about the game and the atmosphere in England is amazing. I hope one day to live it. It’s the biggest league in the world. For any coach, to work in England can be amazing. You have the best coaches and the best players.”

Indeed but no manager is duty-bound to play them.

My concern with Emery would be that he probably saw his next move after PSG as being either Barca or Real Madrid or similar and whilst Madrid may be looking for a new manager in the summer also; I can't see Emery being a candidate after a perceived failure at PSG, however unfair that is. I could be wrong of course.

I have no issue with someone taking our job and having bigger plans for themselves than us, but any manager looking to use us as a springboard would probably have to achieve at least one Top 4 finish and/or a trophy.

In all honesty that would be one hell of an ask within a three year contract and for a guy in a hurry. I think this is also what puts the likes of Tuchel off us.

For me this is what makes Fonseca more of a realistic possibility - he is still making his name and whilst we as fans always have high ambitions, the external expectations on him wouldn't be as great and his career at this early stage could survive a period where he wasn't seen to achieve very much by the standards of our peers.

What I want from the next manager is that, over the period of a contract, he does the heavy lifting in terms of sorting out the squad and gives us a recognisable way to play and stability. He must at least have us on the fringes of the top 6 so that both he and the club want to continue.

A lot will depend on how we finish the season in my opinion. If we finish top 8 again, maybe qualify for Europe a manager may look at us and see he has an opportunity to show his talents in Europe. We would still be top 8 consecutive seasons.

We will learn a lot about Moshiri this summer. If we keep Sam I think it will be the beginning of the end for him with the fan base and will be viewed as another Kenwright.

As @Timak recently pointed out to me, Vitor Pereira has an amazing CV. Why on earth aren’t we offering him the manager’s job?

I am firmly in the ‘team Vitor’ camp now.

He keeps getting sacked for opening his trap, not the manager we need.

The next manager should be somebody whos willing to stick with it, to be honest that doesnt sound like Silva or Fonseca either.

A lot will depend on how we finish the season in my opinion. If we finish top 8 again, maybe qualify for Europe a manager may look at us and see he has an opportunity to show his talents in Europe. We would still be top 8 consecutive seasons.

We will learn a lot about Moshiri this summer. If we keep Sam I think it will be the beginning of the end for him with the fan base and will be viewed as another Kenwright.

top 7, 8th and europe is impossible now. Bar fair play rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.