Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed but no manager is duty-bound to play them.

My concern with Emery would be that he probably saw his next move after PSG as being either Barca or Real Madrid or similar and whilst Madrid may be looking for a new manager in the summer also; I can't see Emery being a candidate after a perceived failure at PSG, however unfair that is. I could be wrong of course.

I have no issue with someone taking our job and having bigger plans for themselves than us, but any manager looking to use us as a springboard would probably have to achieve at least one Top 4 finish and/or a trophy.

In all honesty that would be one hell of an ask within a three year contract and for a guy in a hurry. I think this is also what puts the likes of Tuchel off us.

For me this is what makes Fonseca more of a realistic possibility - he is still making his name and whilst we as fans always have high ambitions, the external expectations on him wouldn't be as great and his career at this early stage could survive a period where he wasn't seen to achieve very much by the standards of our peers.

What I want from the next manager is that, over the period of a contract, he does the heavy lifting in terms of sorting out the squad and gives us a recognisable way to play and stability. He must at least have us on the fringes of the top 6 so that both he and the club want to continue.

i think with the money and spending of psg now its hard for it not to be a dead end. maybe we can be for Fonseca what sevilla was for Emery, who knows...maybe more

Just for a while I thought Roberto had cracked it,first season the defence from Moyes reign was in the main sound, Barry and McCarthy protecting them were superb,the football we played was the best I've seen since the mid 1980s,then it went to dust starting at Leicester first game of the next season and never really recovered.
Which want helped by Barkley's injury (which I never thought he was the same after) and a shocking lack of overall fitness after a poor pre season.

The pre season before we travelled to the states and played the best teams in the world and I think it set us up great but it will be a while before we are invited back to anything like that.

Indeed but no manager is duty-bound to play them.

My concern with Emery would be that he probably saw his next move after PSG as being either Barca or Real Madrid or similar and whilst Madrid may be looking for a new manager in the summer also; I can't see Emery being a candidate after a perceived failure at PSG, however unfair that is. I could be wrong of course.

I have no issue with someone taking our job and having bigger plans for themselves than us, but any manager looking to use us as a springboard would probably have to achieve at least one Top 4 finish and/or a trophy.

In all honesty that would be one hell of an ask within a three year contract and for a guy in a hurry. I think this is also what puts the likes of Tuchel off us.

For me this is what makes Fonseca more of a realistic possibility - he is still making his name and whilst we as fans always have high ambitions, the external expectations on him wouldn't be as great and his career at this early stage could survive a period where he wasn't seen to achieve very much by the standards of our peers.

What I want from the next manager is that, over the period of a contract, he does the heavy lifting in terms of sorting out the squad and gives us a recognisable way to play and stability. He must at least have us on the fringes of the top 6 so that both he and the club want to continue.
I think we can safely say that Emery is NOT going to be our next manager.

The problem is Neil, that it`s worked.

I`ve now got the fact that Allardyce is going to be our manager for eternity lodged in my brain.

I`m not going to sleep well tonight.

Oh god, imagine him coming into work on his mobility scooter...giant poppy on the front, help the heroes sticker on the back...knackered staffy trotting behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.