Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s contributing to his salary?? Yes all these ‘kin numpty fans who will still put arses on seats!! Well I for one will not contribute a single penny.. a few Atalanta attendances would certainly hurt them and make them take notice not moaning on here or twitter!!

At some point today we will officially announce ourselves as a club who’s ambition is to finish 4th from bottom..

And he brings Sammy bleeding Lee with him. Our embarrassment is complete......

Reactions: JLW
Can imagine the atmosphere at Goodison in few weeks time if he didn't turn things around:

shutterstock_104737493.jpg

And he brings Sammy bleeding Lee with him. Our embarrassment is complete......
Everytime the turnstiles clicks they’ll be sitting there counting the mugs walking in, laughing at us..

But!but!but we support them no matter what!! Koff will Ye

posted this on the Ross Barkley thread cos the conversation was going that way. I'm worried about Sam mainly because we don't seem to have an organisational strategy, something @davek was talking about elsewhere, but I thought of it like this;

It's no coincidence that RM's first year, and RK's first year were both successful. When we lurch from one manager to the other, and they are so different in style, the players are in a transition where they instinctively follow the old habits, while learning new good ones as well.
2013/14: Solid but limited Moyes and 'Attacking' but bad off the ball Martinez = 5th place.
2016/17: Attacking, lose, directionless Martinez + Organised, Solid boring Koeman = 7th place.

I agree that RK dismantled the best attacking hopes, and we were lucky to finish 7th. Some of the play we were criticised for in the 2 11th place finishes - slow, sideways build ups, weak possession football and fragile defence - were still there in RK's first year, but somehow Lukaku and to a lesser extent, Barkley, Lookman, Davies, Bolasie, Coleman at various times won a game here and there.
It's a shame the 2 SF cup runs are discounted as successes, but I agree the playing style had gone stale.
I think we underestimate 2 things -
1 - the possibility that managers are line managed at board level - and sometimes should be reminded of the playing philosophy or 'project'
2 - the influence of good coaches. RM is arguably doing well at Belgium because of an excellent playing staff plus Thierry Henry. His team of coaches is dire. I hope BIg Dunc is actually good, but we should be scouting around for modern, technical coaches who put emphasis on fitness, tactics and getting the best out of players. RK was more a fantasy football or FIFA type manager .

In short, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce are so different that they represent the confusion in our footballing strategy, and that's what bothers me the most.

That's a good well thought post,and I might just add that despite his rep,Sam has always been at the forefront of modern coaching technique,he was one of the first to employ a Sports Psychologist, and modern fitness methods, at Bolton. Personally I think we need to wait and see, which is what we would have done whoever was appointed. And I'm sorry, but the whole of football is riddled from top to bottom with what in any other industry would be termed corruption, but which in football is pretty much the norm. Its no good Everton supporters suddenly becoming all holier than thou about 'the honour of the club' simply because a manager has broken a team and the outcome is that the best available man for the job is someone that some dislike,based on what they hear about him in the media. Evertonians attitudes change depending on their agenda.....some say that BK has the Echo in his pocket, others call it 'The Red Echo'. Sam Allardyce was caught out by a newspaper'sting' which was bad for Sam, but to me that is nothing compared with our former manager allowing himself, and being agreeable to, being tapped up and confirmed as Man Utd manager, but not telling Everton for six months!. There are degrees of corruption,and exploitation in football at the top level, and all are corrupt to a degree.

I just can't believe they think for one second that they are going to get the fans back onside by appointing fat Sam and Sammy [Poor language removed] Lee.

The money we are supposed to be paying him is [Poor language removed] astronomical.

I still don't understand who thought this was a good idea...

They won't give a toss mate, it's not like BK has ever given one over his time with us.

Who’s contributing to his salary?? Yes all these ‘kin numpty fans who will still put arses on seats!! Well I for one will not contribute a single penny.. a few Atalanta attendances would certainly hurt them and make them take notice not moaning on here or twitter!!

At some point today we will officially announce ourselves as a club who’s ambition is to finish 4th from bottom..

I know it’s ridiculous. The club is literally mocking us yet all we keep doing is packing out Goodison its laughable. Howard Kendall had cushions thrown at him from a half empty Goodison yet big Sam will have a packed house every week because people just can’t not go. As long as Goodison stays full and we stay in the league this board will continue to do nothing.

this is one of the saddest days of my life, a david moyes team battering us tonight with put that big fat rusty nail in the coffin

Ten years ago we wouldn’t have even been having a discussion over who was the better manager. We mocked West Ham for having Allardyce. I’d bank on West Ham finishing above us no question if it wasn’t for the fixture list. Better manager, better players. I think Bolivia has shafted then though and they’ve got a horrendous run coming up whereas Koeman shafted us during our horrendous run.

I know it’s ridiculous. The club is literally mocking us yet all we keep doing is packing out Goodison its laughable. Howard Kendall had cushions thrown at him from a half empty Goodison yet big Sam will have a packed house every week because people just can’t not go. As long as Goodison stays full and we stay in the league this board will continue to do nothing.
Exactly mate, forget all your banners at the ground, you’ve already paid they’ve won!!

At 45 years of age and having been force fed Everton since about 3 years of age by my ardent evertonian grandad (god rest his soul) and my dad, I never thought the day would come that I lost all enthusiasm for our club. Like many of my age and older I’m fortunate enough to have experienced the good times but also the low points but nothing quite compares to now with the gutless performances on the pitch, seeing a proud blue and past player being let down badly by players and the board and to now the appointment of not only this corrupt fat **** but also his poison dwarf sidekick is beyond my worst nightmares. I make no apologies in saying I’m done with it for the time it takes to rid the club of those who have taken us to our lowest ebb. My grandad would be turning in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.