Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in to the 6th week in our search for a manager? No nearer an appointment despite being close a week ago.....

Shocking

Fonseca a gamble but could potentially be great, Big Sam will pretty much guaratee we will stay up. Thats a difficult choice TBH

Are we in to the 6th week in our search for a manager? No nearer an appointment despite being close a week ago.....

Shocking

Fonseca a gamble but could potentially be great, Big Sam will pretty much guaratee we will stay up. Thats a difficult choice TBH

I've read "within the next 24 hours".

.....Silva was manager of Hull when they got relegated. He didnt get them relegated.

I remember when they sacked Phelan they were already in trouble, I thought that they were definately doomed but Silva came in and nearly saved them. They were definately better after he arrived depite having players sold from underneath his feet.

It does suggest that allardyce is a panic recruitment in all honesty.

Perhaps the statement on Friday was meant to appease fans and not have any substance. When the club realises over the weekend that any possible recruitment might take longer than a couple of days (coupled with the saints result) meant they backed themself into a corner to make a manager appear quickly. So the quickest manager they could bring into the club was allardyce.

When’s the last time we honestly had a truly class manager (the kind you’re talking about)?
To my knowledge Everton have never appointed a truely top manager. One who had won multiple trophies including titles in the top leagues before coming to us.
We had one chance in my lifetime, summer 2016. Purely off the back of offering big wages and the Moshiri hype machine that briefed the media with £100m warchest stories.
We could have had Pelligrini but he was deemed too old. We should have had a Champions league winner but he was deemed too red for the fans.
So we got a copa del rey winner who went on to destroy the project and our best chance of competing with the big boys since the eighties.
Now we're in a relegation battle and top managers are again but dreams.

To my knowledge Everton have never appointed a truely top manager. One who had won multiple trophies including titles in the top leagues before coming to us.
We had one chance in my lifetime, summer 2016. Purely off the back of offering big wages and the Moshiri hype machine that briefed the media with £100m warchest stories.
We could have had Pelligrini but he was deemed too old. We should have had a Champions league winner but he was deemed too red for the fans.
So we got a copa del rey winner who went on to destroy the project and our best chance of competing with the big boys since the eighties.
Now we're in a relegation battle and top managers are again but dreams.
He wasn’t deemed too old. He was interviewed as the preferred candidate and came across that he couldn’t care. He only asked about money so it didn’t go any further.

He wasn’t deemed too old. He was interviewed as the preferred candidate and came across that he couldn’t care. He only asked about money so it didn’t go any further.

I'd imagine most if not all top level manager will mainly ask about money. The problem here is that Bill is looking for some mythical 'true blue spirit', god alone knows how he managed to see it in RK

I remember the fact that he came accross as very low energy and likely saw us as a final opportunity to bank a big cheque before retirement being cited as reasons why he was overlooked. Too old is easier to type.

So I slept on this last night, I think everyone knows my thoughts on appointing Sam Allardyce. However for the club I thought I would get over it and eventually come around to the idea.

However, Sammy Lee.

Koeman knew not to bring him because it would cause issues, this is a deal breaker for me and makes me believe Sam is an even worse person then I believed.

lets have this right, Sam Allardyce is now the 10th best paid manager in the world. More then Pochettino, more then Zidane, more then Simeone, more then Emery and more then a hell of a lot more talented men. Conte is on £6.8m a year, lets put this into perspective, a title winning manager only got paid more then this fraud after his contract extension....

Let that sink in.

So when it goes toxic, and it will go toxic looking at Sams historical record and the fact he loses more games then he wins and tends not to win in 10 of his first games, and we have to sack him and his 15 backroom staff, we will be looking north of £20m to removed them.

If you're pro Allardyce, look at the salary he is getting and tell me, is he worth the risk? Because surely at that salary on a 2 and a Half year contract you see this is much more of a bigger issue then just getting the fraud in the first place.

So, no I am not ok with it, I don't think I will go the game while he is in charge and that horrible little rat of a goblin sits in our dugout with our bloody crest on his chest.

WHO AT EVERTON THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY.

Well done @everton - today will be the day the club died for me, my 2 month old son was born a blue - and now I have to try and make some sense of what this club has become, because its certainly not what I thought it was - or what I hoped it would be for my boy.

"Bill, one more thing missing on the contract. It's a deal breaker chief."

"What is it Samuel darling?"

"I need a new pair of underpants every week."

"Pardon me Sammy?"

"Well I've been wearing these since Palace and they're a bit ripe Boss."

"It's a tad... unusual Sam."

"OK. Get Sammy Lee in. We'll use him as an excuse for the pong."

Not itk, but that's how Sammy Lee came to be at Everton.

So I slept on this last night, I think everyone knows my thoughts on appointing Sam Allardyce. However for the club I thought I would get over it and eventually come around to the idea.

However, Sammy Lee.

Koeman knew not to bring him because it would cause issues, this is a deal breaker for me and makes me believe Sam is an even worse person then I believed.

lets have this right, Sam Allardyce is now the 10th best paid manager in the world. More then Pochettino, more then Zidane, more then Simeone, more then Emery and more then a hell of a lot more talented men. Conte is on £6.8m a year, lets put this into perspective, a title winning manager only got paid more then this fraud after his contract extension....

Let that sink in.

So when it goes toxic, and it will go toxic looking at Sams historical record and the fact he loses more games then he wins and tends not to win in 10 of his first games, and we have to sack him and his 15 backroom staff, we will be looking north of £20m to removed them.

If you're pro Allardyce, look at the salary he is getting and tell me, is he worth the risk? Because surely at that salary on a 2 and a Half year contract you see this is much more of a bigger issue then just getting the fraud in the first place.

So, no I am not ok with it, I don't think I will go the game while he is in charge and that horrible little rat of a goblin sits in our dugout with our bloody crest on his chest.

WHO AT EVERTON THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY.

Well done @everton - today will be the day the club died for me, my 2 month old son was born a blue - and now I have to try and make some sense of what this club has become, because its certainly not what I thought it was - or what I hoped it would be for my boy.

Well in Chazz Dazz.

It absolutely beggers belief the situation we are in.

I understand he might be a 'man for the job' for how the team is performing right now. But 6 weeks a go we could have easily get someone else in, especially on the ridiculous money that's going to be thrown at them. As you say come the end of the season, unless he's turned into a master manager and transforms the way we play and banging in goals left and right and no conceeding then he will be off if he keeps us up or doesn't keep us up.

Obviously being very cynical of people I have no doubt that corrupt and dodgy dealings and individuals are party to this.

Well in Chazz Dazz.

It absolutely beggers belief the situation we are in.

I understand he might be a 'man for the job' for how the team is performing right now. But 6 weeks a go we could have easily get someone else in, especially on the ridiculous money that's going to be thrown at them. As you say come the end of the season, unless he's turned into a master manager and transforms the way we play and banging in goals left and right and no conceeding then he will be off if he keeps us up or doesn't keep us up.

Obviously being very cynical of people I have no doubt that corrupt and dodgy dealings and individuals are party to this.

Genuinely meant every word of it, I cannot support a club which so openly appoints 1) Sam Allardyce (I could have forgiven this over time) but 2) Sammy lee.

Its genuinely the most pathetic thing I have ever heard and it shows that the club no nothing about its fans or what we actually want.

Moshiri said he knows our expectations...

They haven't got a clue.

I am embarrassed by the mess we are in prior to them hiring this fraud.

Now I am dead and numb to it.

Genuinely meant every word of it, I cannot support a club which so openly appoints 1) Sam Allardyce (I could have forgiven this over time) but 2) Sammy lee.

Its genuinely the most pathetic thing I have ever heard and it shows that the club no nothing about its fans or what we actually want.

Moshiri said he knows our expectations...

They haven't got a clue.

I am embarrassed by the mess we are in prior to them hiring this fraud.

Now I am dead and numb to it.
6.5m a year according to reports..... he was on 2.5m at Palace and I’m sure that was dependant on them staying up. We've made him one of the top ten paid managers in the world! Are we that desperate that not only we'd appoint the corrupt crook but we will give him the greatest payday of his pathetic career?

Status
Not open for further replies.