First they came for the Stones
And I did not speak out Because I was not Stones
Then they came for the Lukaku
And I did not speak out Because I was not Lukaku
Then they came for the Barkley
And I did not speak out Because I was not Barkley
Then they came for me
And there was no one left to speak for me

In the 18 months since Farhad joined, we have got rid of Lukaku, Del, Stones, Barry and inevitably Ross in January.

So all of our best players.

I am delighted if we go for Sam but I can't help but wonder why we havnt even spoke to Alan pardew. He's now going to west Brom and he's a top quality manager who could have done a great job for us.

It just seems a bit a strange to me but like I said I'm made up we are going for allardyce and not some total punt on a foreign manager like fonseca who would get us relegated

This is beautiful and horrible all at once. It’s pure art.

First they came for the Stones
And I did not speak out Because I was not Stones
Then they came for the Lukaku
And I did not speak out Because I was not Lukaku
Then they came for the Barkley
And I did not speak out Because I was not Barkley
Then they came for me
And there was no one left to speak for me
It will take 10 men and 6 months to move you

nsno.jpg

What I understand and what I know is that I don’t want us to get relegated which is highly likely if David Unsworth is allowed to continue as manager. So that’s where I take issue with you when you say carry on till the summer. That’s just silly and foolish. But go ahead. Name me a manager we could get right now. Please name one.

Our current profile is actually one of a club that has no leadership from the top, a seemingly split board on how the club should operate and an incredibly unbalanced and weak squad. I’ve said this in another post but it’s the truth, unless it’s financially related what manager would want to join us now? And when I say what manager, I mean what manager to the standard we think we deserve. The fact is deserve ain’t got nothing to do with it. We’re in the toilet and going deeper into the sewer. You can give me all the idealistic romantic talk about how everton are more than football but I don’t care. We literally are a football club. A club we all love, but a club none the less. We can not afford to be relegated. This is football, it isn’t life and death. You stay in the goddamn league, any way you can.

A great challenge was their in the summer- spend the money and kick on from 7th, at the very least solidify our position and do something in the cups. We have practically FAILED that challenge completely and it’s only the end of November. Our new challenge is to stay in the league. In fairness, Hull pulled Marco Silva out of nowhere last year so we should be trying to do something similar. People are out there. Unfortunately our board clearly have no imagination or plan whatsoever that they can’t see past the premier league for managers or players.

So, you're asking me to name one single manager as if there are none, yet confirm how Hull plucked Silva from obscurity?
There lots available- Tuchel is without a job, Mancini would jump at the chance, Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche would likely be considered. There's 90-odd other professional clubs all with a manager in England and then dozens of foreign coaches who'd snap their hand off to get onto the coaching staff

So, you're asking me to name one single manager as if there are none, yet confirm how Hull plucked Silva from obscurity?
There lots available- Tuchel is without a job, Mancini would jump at the chance, Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche would likely be considered. There's 90-odd other professional clubs all with a manager in England and then dozens of foreign coaches who'd snap their hand off to get onto the coaching staff

We paid our last Manager 6m a year, for context there are less than 10 other Managers in WORLD football that earn more than that, if you exclude them and remove another 10 that we couldnt attract, that leaves us with roughly 2848547658585 Managers in the world that would jump at the chance of managing us.

Allardyce I can just about accept given the dire situation we find ourself in, appointing Sammy Lee undermines every single Evertonian, young and old and makes a mockery of support.

Not just a haha get over it. It shows just far we have fallen and how disastrously unconnected the board and club are to the roots of the club.
Believe Klopp wants Osman as his no 2.

I used Silva as an example to agree with you that there are managers out there. But then you get your Remi Garde’s and Pepe Mel’s. Timing is everything. Silva was available for Hull. Perhaps managers of that ilk who are actually willing to come to us aren’t available now. But we can’t just carry on without a permanent manager.

I honestly don’t think you understand just how terrible we are right now. Managers like Dyche and Howe practically have carte Blanche where they are- total job security and chairman and boards who back them 100%. When we initially sacked Koeman many weeks ago we probably had a good chance of attracting managers but as time has gone on many managers and their advisors looking in from the outside would view this as a dangerous job to take with the position we are currently in. And I say again, it’s mid season- clubs don’t want to let their managers go. Have you not been following the Silva story? We all thought because everton went knocking Watford would just have to accept defeat and let us take their manager. It’s not that simple.

And quite simply you have no proof that any high caliber manager would come to us. You say yourself that Tuchel is available.. well why isn’t he here then? If the board haven’t even approached him then that’s just gross negligence, but I’d like to think they sounded out his agent. Mancini would jump at the chance? What are your basing that on? When’s the last time we honestly had a truly class manager (the kind you’re talking about)?

Today is the day we have once and for all handed in our supposed big club tag and accepted we’re now a mid-lower team.

It took Kenwright and his cronies 20 years, but he’s finally got us down to where he is comfortable with.

You have to wonder how Moshiri ended up investing in a company that includes Jon Woods, Bill Kenwright and Bob Elstone.

Today is the day we have once and for all handed in our supposed big club tag and accepted we’re now a mid-lower team.

It took Kenwright and his cronies 20 years, but he’s finally got us down to where he is comfortable with.

We handed that in 22 years ago lad when we stopped winning trophies. Can I bring you back to reality; this season's football is worse than anything in the 90's. The club have had to go with the man who keeps teams in the prem for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.