Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good well thought post,and I might just add that despite his rep,Sam has always been at the forefront of modern coaching technique,he was one of the first to employ a Sports Psychologist, and modern fitness methods, at Bolton. Personally I think we need to wait and see, which is what we would have done whoever was appointed. And I'm sorry, but the whole of football is riddled from top to bottom with what in any other industry would be termed corruption, but which in football is pretty much the norm. Its no good Everton supporters suddenly becoming all holier than thou about 'the honour of the club' simply because a manager has broken a team and the outcome is that the best available man for the job is someone that some dislike,based on what they hear about him in the media. Evertonians attitudes change depending on their agenda.....some say that BK has the Echo in his pocket, others call it 'The Red Echo'. Sam Allardyce was caught out by a newspaper'sting' which was bad for Sam, but to me that is nothing compared with our former manager allowing himself, and being agreeable to, being tapped up and confirmed as Man Utd manager, but not telling Everton for six months!. There are degrees of corruption,and exploitation in football at the top level, and all are corrupt to a degree.

I agree with that. Corruption and lack of direction, as if in football there are no industry standards of good practice and ethical management. It's shocking. We know this already from UEFA, we have learnt it in cases like Aluko and then little ones like Niasse, where people are just doing whatever.
It seems like many sport governing bodies are like this.

I see what you mean about being 'holier than thou'

My main hope for Sam Allardyce is that he's like some sort of lower level Ranieri, who finally after all of his journeys around clubs finds a magic formula to have success. At one point he was one of those British managers with potential who was getting overlooked for big jobs. here you go here's your big job. I just hope he's not too old to learn, adapt and be modern

Happy to be vaulted on this one but Sam will get us comfortably mid table with a decent FA Cup run this season. It wont be pretty all the time but come May there will be substantially less beds being wetted than there has been the last few days.

Ambitious Everton - they're having a laugh, the appointment of Allardyce will set this club back years! Davies, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Holgate etc etc will all be out the door in the next twelve months if he's here next summer!
An appointment that smacks of absolute desperation and people at the top having no clue about the way forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.