newsnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we agree a price of £9m with Bayern for Baines last year but Leighton rejected the move? He's settled where he is. If we tell him he has to go then that would be another matter. Moyes has called him our best player recently though and I think we only considered it last year because we desperately needed to raise in the region of £10m to appease the bank. I would be surprised if they were asking for another £10m again so soon. It sounds like a rehashing of an old story to me.

This early in the game it's a bit mad to be making statements about who will and won't be going, and who will and won't be coming in. All i know is that from what i've been told there may well be multiple big outs but there will certainly be ins. It's not going to be like last Summer where we got nobody in, but it could be worse with regards to who we lose.

Didn't we agree a price of £9m with Bayern for Baines last year but Leighton rejected the move? He's settled where he is. If we tell him he has to go then that would be another matter. Moyes has called him our best player recently though and I think we only considered it last year because we desperately needed to raise in the region of £10m to appease the bank. I would be surprised if they were asking for another £10m again so soon. It sounds like a rehashing of an old story to me.
we would not tell him to go and the fee would be in the region of £20-25m if he were to go, but he won't leave the North west of England. I think Baines will be at Everton for a very long time tbh.

All i know is that from what i've been told there may well be multiple big outs but there will certainly be ins.

Always be the possibility of big outs, this doesnt strike as me anything much different.

Good news that there will "certainly" be ins. Although does that mean players with transfer fees or Bosmans?

Always be the possibility of big outs, this doesnt strike as me anything much different.

Good news that there will "certainly" be ins. Although does that mean players with transfer fees or Bosmans?

one in is nearly sorted and I think will be signing early in the window. All the outs are pending now, but my opinion is that it will be Rodwell and Barkley leaving if good offers come in and possibly one of Jagielka/Heitinga. Jagielka is my bet, but if Heitinga has a good euros and we get offered £12-15m then that could happen.

Think baines wont go this season same with fellaini reckon they will end up going in a few seasons and i can see baines following moyes if he gets the united job in a few seasons time

Surely you'd be able to tell me how you're gathering this information? Source at the club? Heard it at the boozer?
I don't really know what I can and can't say other than what's already been said mate. I'm not being an arse, just keeping the best interests of all parties in mind. I'm only recently an itk through meeting new people, so I won't be posting inside info all the time as there can be predators on these forums and possibly scupper club dealings.

The fact we'd be more surprised if Baines was still here next year tells you all you need to know about the state of our club at boardroom level.

Wouldn't be surprised at this - someone good will go anyway and it could well be him. As long as he doesn't go to......well, you know where.

Status
Not open for further replies.