News of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jarvis

Player Valuation: £35m
Yes, it is back that reporter rumour that the Hammers are preparing a 9 mill bid for AJ in January. Some things will not lie down. However as mentioned in the Anichebe thread it was postulated that a striker may be for the chop with the emergence of Anichebe and perhaps Vaughan coming to the good again.

Difficult one this is, as no doubt AJ has not fared well being the lone striker in 4-5-1 especially with Cahill being out. But will that change and AJ brought back in as say today? Still think although he has pace is easily bundled off the ball. Look at Anichebe in his last two goals it was his strength that was pushing the defenders off. Does anyone think that AJ could have made and converted the chances that Anichebe had into goals?

I really like AJ as a player and so I would not accept £9m. Make it £15m and I'd start to think about it.

If a striker was to leave then on current form it would have to be the Yak. But I still think there is a LOT more to come from him ;)

I suggested in the early summer that if an offer landed in the sum of £15 mil then we should accept it, some screamed at me for such a suggestion so what happened to the other £6 mil that they were supposedly going to come up with.;) :)

For 9, no. We need to keep strength in depth and that will never happen if we sell players.

it did say that it could be £9m and anton ferdinand and if thats the case then i would take it!!!

but i think we should sell the yak if we get an offer of £5 or more!!!!!

Have a word with your self Fozzy Anton is worse than his brother £18mil cash or no deal;)

Nah. Just no deal. AJ is blue. nuff said. Money means nothing. Heart and soul is priceless. That is what AJ offers and I take it happily.

We do not sell, we are a growing force and a prospective army would never sell their warriors.

I would not give him up becuase even if we do get a better quality striker there is also the dressing room factor to consider, if the new striker an asshole than that would damage the team chemistry so i would certainly not consider giving up any striker except Yakubu at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.