News of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
So most of you wouldn't sell AJ, it is a commercial world boys and money on the table can buy any player, AJ, Teta, Stevie G, Ronaldo and Messi included. The meassure for this will be ecconomic necessity, head rules heart and not the other way round.;) ;)

I was reading today thay Johnson (or Johnson's agent, more likely) is looking for a new deal to give him parity with the club's top earners. I hope this is just paper talk. Call me old fashioned, but I think a player ought to start earning his current wages (which aren't bad, anyway) before he goes looking for a pay rise.

Were not a selling club anymore.

The only problem I can see is keeping all these strikers happy when:

1 - We play better with 4-5-1 so theres only room for one.
2 - Vaughan will be the best striker we have on the books.

Wasn't it rumored that Hammers offered 16mil for AJ in the preseason?

Anton was awful last year, he also likes London and parties too much. Plus he's not even in the starting XI anymore on the Hammers does he?

I'd sell AJ for Noble and say 6-8mil but I would doubt that West Ham would let go of him.

When Cahill is healthy we do play better as a 4-5-1. Osman is alot more comfortable in a 4-5-1 too.

Wasn't it rumored that Hammers offered 16mil for AJ in the preseason?

Anton was awful last year, he also likes London and parties too much. Plus he's not even in the starting XI anymore on the Hammers does he?

I'd sell AJ for Noble and say 6-8mil but I would doubt that West Ham would let go of him.

When Cahill is healthy we do play better as a 4-5-1. Osman is alot more comfortable in a 4-5-1 too.

I like our 4-5-1 much better when the 5 include Arteta, Cahill, Ossie and Pienaar - it's a more attacking formation than 4-4-2 with Neville and Jags in midfield. So yes, if we get a worthwhile offer for any of our strikers I think the club would take a serious look. But 9 million + Ferdinand would buy only Faddy, not AJ.

I wonder on that FC, Gaz talked of AJ having heart and soul well how about having more goals. A bit of H & S is not enough IMO. As I said on another thread can any one honestly say that AJ would have converted those chances Anichebe had against Metallist and Larissa?

But the next transfer window is January lol

I understand that.

My point is that there could easily be one or two injuries that we'll have to deal with during that time frame and that AJ will be needed more than ever.

Cahill has been a big boost to the team upon his return and I'm hoping that the return of AJ and Vaughan will have the same effect.

I understand that.

My point is that there could easily be one or two injuries that we'll have to deal with during that time frame and that AJ will be needed more than ever.

Cahill has been a big boost to the team upon his return and I'm hoping that the return of AJ and Vaughan will have the same effect.

Actually if you see my previous post, I agree with you - I was just making fun of you (hence the smiley) - basically taking a cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.