News of Ex Players

He had a go as Burnley manager a few years ago, they lost at Anfield in an FA cup game, think it was1-0, and after the game he attended the press conference full of smiles expecting to be congratulated, only to get a load of stick off the reporters, Burnley hardly got into Liverpool‘s penalty area all afternoon, just defended deep for the entirety of the game. He was a coach under Howard Kendall at Everton along with Vivian March, the former Fulham player, Howard, Adrian and Vivian, they sounded like three shirt lifters mates!!!
:eek: :Blink:

....yep, I remember you mentioned bumping into him in Formby. Love his recent interview re FA Cup, it’s easy to forget (I know you wouldn’t!!) he converted one of the penalties in the FA Cup semi-final victory over Man Utd. That’s a memory nobody can ever take away from him.
As was Moyes's way, he was giving Vaughan very little game time in this period -- unless he was panicking. I think he only got about 20 minutes in this game. Shows a lot about the lad's character that he had no hesitation in striding forward to take a penalty. Brave in heart and in mind.

I remember him walking up to take that pen,I think he'd maybe only come on as a sub in extra time and had been out for a long spell previous too,slotted it ice coolly,gonads of steel that lad!!
If I’m not mistaken he also had the only shot on goal we had all afternoon before the penalty shoot out, one shot in two hours against a watered down United team, Dour Dave at his mind numbing best!!!

Nothing dour about getting to a Cup final
MACCA75, it was very, very, very dour watching it, the best thing about that day was watching our fans celebrate the win, absolutely brilliant, no one wanted to go home, the game itself stunk to high heaven and didn’t deserve such fantastic fans, I don’t know how we’d react if we won with style, probably faint, the lot of us.

Happy birthday Mick
1607536912198.png

Happy birthday to one of the biggest Evertonians to pull on the Royal Blue shirt, one of my childhood heroes, just wish his commitment which went beyond the call of duty on many, many occasions had gleaned at least one trophy for his magnificent service.
Agree Dario,perhaps the most unluckiest Everton player I've ever seen,saw most of the heartbreaks Mick played in.Ironically when he left we went on to greatness.Happy birthday Mick.