News of Ex Players

…..suggests he was right taking the big bucks when they were on offer. Despite the hype, he looked a long way from making the transition to a first team. He was well advised to take monies and still has a chance of gaining income at some level.

Good on him, the vast majority of these youngsters fail to have a future in the game.

…..suggests he was right taking the big bucks when they were on offer. Despite the hype, he looked a long way from making the transition to a first team. He was well advised to take monies and still has a chance of gaining income at some level.

Or on the flip side he was wrong to take the money, should have stayed here and developed where there was a better pathway through to the first team in surroundings he was familiar with.

Not saying thats right btw because as you said he was a long way off.

Or on the flip side he was wrong to take the money, should have stayed here and developed where there was a better pathway through to the first team in surroundings he was familiar with.

….19 years of age and likely he’s a millionaire. The odds were massively stacked against him coming through here and he’ll likely find his level, even as a semi-pro. Only loser here is Soton, they took a gamble.

In my opinion, He was a different level to ISS, very interested how he gets on at Chelsea,

Last edited:

….Alex Young would’ve been 87 today, any excuse to show probably my favourite Everton goal against soon to be European Champions, Man Utd.

I so remember Ray Wilson regularly stopping the ball, taking that step back before picking out a pass. Royle’s knockdown, Ball into Young, Nobby Stiles trying to wipe him out on the edge of the area and that poetic movement of the Golden Vision;

For every Small there is an Antonee Robinson, we should have kept him when you look at it now.

If Bill was here, I’d say Small could be very easily back training with us at least.

A player I really loved and very underatted, enjoy retirement Mofro.

Was a top player that boy, won every goal kick, scored goals, huge recoveries and covered 13k every game. I remember his last season when he had to play alongside neville and osman and he basically was the midfield.

Got pelters when he first arrived from our usual biff section of the fan base.

A player I really loved and very underatted, enjoy retirement Mofro.