Votes: 26 7.6%
  • Not that arsed lad

Votes: 32 9.3%
  • Kopite

Votes: 17 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the main everything is looking pretty abysmal, however, to try and put some positivity out there, having just looked at the fixtures for the second half of the season, of the eleven teams currently above us in the league we only play Arsenal and Chelsea away, where even in form you wouldn't put money on us getting anything.

Hull, Palace, QPR, Villa, Stoke, lets be honest we SHOULD be going these grounds looking for something.

The caveat to this is we need to at least sort our home form out and become hard to beat, whether Roberto's the man for this who knows?

This rot MUST be stopped in the next two games though. Who knows a point at Hull, and god forbid a convincing full 90 minute performance against West Ham and maybe we can get our act together, psychologically a game in a different competion might help to get this run out the players systems

I wasn't going to write anything but feel I need to get it out of my system.

I will be forty on the day of the away game in Bern and have been watching Everton home and away regularly since I was eight.

Maybe it's because I have an addictive personality but I simply cannot take a passing interest in something. If I get involved, it becomes all-consuming and can take over my life. Short-term, this can mean learning languages, watching a box-set, obsessively going the gym etc.

Long-term, this means football and, more importantly, Everton FC.

It has now crept into the afternoon on another day after another defeat following another inept performance with very few positives and one in which we somehow managed to score with our only two shots on target to create a flattering scoreline causing our manager to patronisingly tell everyone that we are playing the right way with the right attitude.

Some people have gone back to work today and that, in many cases, will provide a welcome distraction from all things Everton. For those who work with banterous Kopites and/or Mancs, it might not be so welcome.

I go back to work for half a day on Wednesday and then back in full swing on Friday. In the meantime, I should be out with my family on what has to be said is an extremely rare day off for me. Instead some eighteen hours since the game ended, I am still sat here trawling through forums and Facebook and wallowing in sadness and misery and, like the vast majority on here, seriously worried as to where our next three points are coming from.

I suppose the point I am making is that I admire those in this thread and other recent match-threads who declare that they are not going to allow another poor defeat to ruin Christmas or their day generally.

I have to confess though that, even as someone of my age and a father of two, I still live my life through Everton and their results and my family suffer as a consequence.

My lad comes the game with me and, even after a bad result, he doesn't dwell on it and manages to quickly move on to the next game or at least gives a good impression of someone who quickly manages to move on to the next game.

I want Hull away to be this afternoon. It isn't this afternoon and so I will continue to dwell and wallow until Thursday which takes me beyond the last hurrah of the holiday season and back to work for another year.

This may well make me a bad person but I don't feel like I have any control over it and I don't think things are going to change now.

Looking back, the last time we failed to take a single point in the four league games that span circa 19th December to circa 2nd January was in Walter Smith's final season. It is a distinct possibility that this will happen again.

So, have I had a good Christmas? I feel I can say on here that I haven't but would have to be more diplomatic to family members.

Some will read this and it may strike a chord, most others will read it and criticise me for the sad person I probably am, especially when you put it into context with the REAL bad things that are currently happening in the world.

I cant help the way I feel and, for what it is worth, wanted to share my experience with fellow Blues.

Yours grumpily.
There are many of us whose moods and enjoyment of everyday life are affected by results. Good to hear that your lad is somewhat less affected by it all. I have one son, now 21, who I pledged myself to ensuring he was a Blue but one who never took it all so seriously and mood-changing as I did/do. I was successful and, like your own, he can fairly readily shake off a bad result. Viewing the game together on Sky yesterday, he continually shook his head but never uttered one expletive, unlike his father. Perhaps though I've been a bit too successful, in that his spectating is much more occasional than it once was. Still, he can get angry, and never more so than when arguing with a Kopite who has never been to Anfield (of which there are numerous).

Basically Howard is naff and not moving at all, not pressing players with the ball enough, not attacking the ball when defending crosses and Distin is too flat footed to react to anything at all.

Basically Howard is naff and not moving at all, not pressing players with the ball enough, not attacking the ball when defending crosses and Distin is too flat footed to react to anything at all.

They don't halve state the frigging obvious on sky, made up I cancelled it

37 year old cb in being slow and crap shocker

Well Carragher pretty much stated what we all knew; Howard is plop, Distin et others too old and we take too many risks playing it out from the back.

Fully understand where you're coming from, but we have to protect and preserve our Premiership status above everything else.
We/the team/Martinez need a win at Hull, I don't honestly care how spawny that win is, just get the win to ease some of the mounting pressure.

Hull is becoming a Cup Final......mostly on account of we have City next after that and I don't think even the most optimistic of us fancy our chances in that one :(

I wasn't going to write anything but feel I need to get it out of my system.

I will be forty on the day of the away game in Bern and have been watching Everton home and away regularly since I was eight.

Maybe it's because I have an addictive personality but I simply cannot take a passing interest in something. If I get involved, it becomes all-consuming and can take over my life. Short-term, this can mean learning languages, watching a box-set, obsessively going the gym etc.

Long-term, this means football and, more importantly, Everton FC.

It has now crept into the afternoon on another day after another defeat following another inept performance with very few positives and one in which we somehow managed to score with our only two shots on target to create a flattering scoreline causing our manager to patronisingly tell everyone that we are playing the right way with the right attitude.

Some people have gone back to work today and that, in many cases, will provide a welcome distraction from all things Everton. For those who work with banterous Kopites and/or Mancs, it might not be so welcome.

I go back to work for half a day on Wednesday and then back in full swing on Friday. In the meantime, I should be out with my family on what has to be said is an extremely rare day off for me. Instead some eighteen hours since the game ended, I am still sat here trawling through forums and Facebook and wallowing in sadness and misery and, like the vast majority on here, seriously worried as to where our next three points are coming from.

I suppose the point I am making is that I admire those in this thread and other recent match-threads who declare that they are not going to allow another poor defeat to ruin Christmas or their day generally.

I have to confess though that, even as someone of my age and a father of two, I still live my life through Everton and their results and my family suffer as a consequence.

My lad comes the game with me and, even after a bad result, he doesn't dwell on it and manages to quickly move on to the next game or at least gives a good impression of someone who quickly manages to move on to the next game.

I want Hull away to be this afternoon. It isn't this afternoon and so I will continue to dwell and wallow until Thursday which takes me beyond the last hurrah of the holiday season and back to work for another year.

This may well make me a bad person but I don't feel like I have any control over it and I don't think things are going to change now.

Looking back, the last time we failed to take a single point in the four league games that span circa 19th December to circa 2nd January was in Walter Smith's final season. It is a distinct possibility that this will happen again.

So, have I had a good Christmas? I feel I can say on here that I haven't but would have to be more diplomatic to family members.

Some will read this and it may strike a chord, most others will read it and criticise me for the sad person I probably am, especially when you put it into context with the REAL bad things that are currently happening in the world.

I cant help the way I feel and, for what it is worth, wanted to share my experience with fellow Blues.

Yours grumpily.

I am in my mid twenties and have found that it doesn't affect me quite as much as it did when I was younger. I suppose that what we have now compared to the late 90's and early 2000's is a bit of hope due to us having some very good players now. Things are a lot more optimistic these days and that is for good reason. As bad as it has been this season, there are still some positives like the Europa League. I'll be in Switzerland in February so I can't complain about that. A lot of teams don't even get to see their side in Europe.

What frustrates me most about supporting Everton in this era is the potential we have, which this season we aren't fulfilling, the fact that we never seem to "outdo" certain clubs who seem like the luck is always in their favour, and also that whenever a big or important game comes around where we will have a tough test, we never come through it.

I go home and away following Everton and for as long as I can remember, our away record in particular is pathetic. We go to the big clubs and lose every time pretty much, but we also fail to beat sides we should go away to and dominate. I just don't understand why that happens away from home. Especially when you consider that we fill our away ends every week so it's not as if the players don't have the backing of the fans.

Losing to Spurs the other week summed it up for me. How often do we go to White Hart Lane and boss Spurs and get a win there? Hardly ever is the answer and it's even worse at grounds like The Emirates, Anfield and Old Trafford.

Once we were a huge club, who could beat those sides on any occasion. Now we must be a dream to play against for the "big clubs". Obviously they get the decisions when they're 50/50 against sides like us, but it's not like we ever come away from Anfield thinking we took the game to them, had attack after attack that didn't quite go in.

This needs changing if we're ever to become a top club again. Even Spurs as an example who aren't at the level of a Chelsea or Man City have the will to win in the big games and away from home. They've had something like 3 last minute away wins this season. I'd love us to be able to do that regularly, especially in games when we haven't played that well. Instead we have nice lads like Baines and Eto'o sticking the ball out for "injured" opposition players when we have a chance to score. It always comes round to do us over, as we saw with Cisse elbowing Coleman in the face and going on to score their equaliser the other day.

Basically,

1st - Distin playing everyone on side, too deep, not following the defensive line 1!
2nd - McGeady playing an awful pass just outside the box !
3rd - Barkley unable to bring the ball down, not even under pressure !!

Pathetic !

Status
Not open for further replies.