Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina has to play mate every game possible Keane and holgate scare me shitless as a pairing
You are of course right. But I was only thinking , can he play two matches in the space of 3-4 days. Always seems to get injured when he starts a match.
Holgate and Keane can cope with Newcastle. I think.
MIna from the bench. A fit and fighting Mina would be first choice. But would he last the match? Is he fully fit? All hypothetical I know. But I'd bring him on when we get a decent lead. And we will lead tonight. No more conceding first.
Up The Toffees.

Absolutely have to play Mina with Wood and possibly Burn playing.
I agree. A fit Mina. No problem. But is he fully fit. Can he play two matches in the space of 3-4 days? Of course we should play our strongest team. But can Mina play twice in that short space of time. Or should we keep him for the Leeds match. Or can he play both. I'm not sure.
Shouldn't really be worrying about non existent injuries. So you guys are spot on. Mina plays. Up The Toffees.

Also, a draw wouldn't be a bad result.
Depends. If we go two goals down. Then we'd all take the draw. But after Saturday's win , I think that we are all expecting more. No more conceding first. Let's get a lead. And see what happens. Don't forget , we have a few new players also. Hopefully chomping at the bit to prove a point.
So what Everton turns up. The Keane and Coleman from Saturday. Or the useless Coleman and Keane from all those useless defeats. A steady solid Pickford. Or a jittery nervous Pickford. A midfield bidding Gomes. Or the go missing in action Gomes of old. You get the picture.
So what Everton turns up. After Saturday , it would be disappointing if we settle for the draw. Rant over. Up The Toffees....

Blimey, is there no positivity in the tank at all, not even a glimmer?

Frenk, if I could see light at the end of the tunnel I'd assume I was about to be hit by an oncoming train. And if you believe that, well... :D

Nah, to be honest I always feel a bit negative about the Newcastle United games. Without trying to be disrespectful to the Geordies, this one will be like a Cup final for them and I think they'll play with intense fast paced football that will overwhelm our midfield.

No it wouldn’t be, all things considered. Hostile crowd and a lot of new signings for them. Could go either way that, they may hit the ground running or we may get lucky and they’ll play like a bunch of strangers.
Highly unlikely Bruno starts, and Burn is a doubt. Wood and tripper already played a few. Only really Targett that might come in.

At least from what Howe was saying.

We should have too much for them either way. (On paper)

Status
Not open for further replies.