Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their new Brazilian claiming they 'will be a world power'. He must be a quick learner, he's already found out that the world according to them consists of them, Boro, the mackems, Darlo, the monkey slayer's and Blythe Spartans.
There is very little players for 40m these days that can be dropped into a premier league game from abroad and hit the ground running.

40m is the new 25m.

Can't see him dropping Gordon or Gomes after the weekend tbh, they both played so well

Crazy how we've gone from absolute ruins to a genuine selection headache
Mental isn't it.

Hard to see how we fit all of these lot in now.

Newcastle are better than Brentford under Howe though, and he may seek to freshen it up so soon after the last game. Tough one. Would you stick with 3 at the back and just opt for the same starting XI as the weekend (barring Mina for Godfrey)?

So nice to think we have a manager who as we type will be in deep thought and conversation about how to deal with every scenario tonight.

I'm hoping a weeks worth of his confidence and experience has rubbed off on these lads.

Frank for one is not scared of going to St James and coming away with 3pts, it was bread and butter for him.

So better than what we've had recently. ie lob Rondon up top, pack the defence, go through the motions in midfield and hope for the miracle.

Can't see him dropping Gordon or Gomes after the weekend tbh, they both played so well

Crazy how we've gone from absolute ruins to a genuine selection headache
Gordon no, but Gomes' fitness would be a concern. He's a crab at the best of times, and as the saying goes, quit while you're ahead - in this case don't play him in the very next game if he's just had a good one. Ultimately he'll look knackered and be a liability on the field. He could be a great option to help control the midfield after 65 minutes if the result is going our way.

Mental isn't it.

Hard to see how we fit all of these lot in now.

Newcastle are better than Brentford under Howe though, and he may seek to freshen it up so soon after the last game. Tough one. Would you stick with 3 at the back and just opt for the same starting XI as the weekend (barring Mina for Godfrey)?
I don't know, I thought we played really well. Its a tough call, I wouldn't start DCL I know that

Gordon no, but Gomes' fitness would be a concern. He's a crab at the best of times, and as the saying goes, quit while you're ahead - in this case don't play him in the very next game if he's just had a good one. Ultimately he'll look knackered and be a liability on the field. He could be a great option to help control the midfield after 65 minutes if the result is going our way.
Good point regarding his fitness

3 hours in a coach, 40 minutes or less flying

Get off the plane relaxed and ready to go

Cant see what the big deal is?
Big kick off on twatter over it last night!

Will say no more!

Our lads are in the North East thats all that matters, well apart from sending those lot into abject misery when the harsh reality of being the richest relegated club in history hits them like the horse punching inbreds that they are!

UTFT

Hopefully not because it broke down because Richie put a crap ball in. Myko did nothing wrong.
wasn't really the point i was trying to make but if Richarlison has dragged the 2 CBs to the near post the play is past those three to the centre of the box.
as it was it was a difficult pass for Myko to make and perhaps should have spun and fed back wide for a cross
either way the run by Gomes would have been valuable if the ball had played past Richarlison or recycled quickly out wide.

Gordon no, but Gomes' fitness would be a concern. He's a crab at the best of times, and as the saying goes, quit while you're ahead - in this case don't play him in the very next game if he's just had a good one. Ultimately he'll look knackered and be a liability on the field. He could be a great option to help control th after 65 minutes if the result is going our way.
Can Gomes put b2b performance performances in? Not seen him do it..be inclined to try someone else tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.